This course for those who have an interest in welding and basic metal work but may not have a workshop or the equipment to explore.
We can provide you a general insight into basic metal working and MIG welding, health and safety knowledge and well equipped workshops allowing you to make your first steps under expert guidance and tuition.
You will come away at the end of the course with the knowledge and the skills to progress these new found skills wherever they may lead you, be it for your own crafting, a garage workshop or to be that person who’s always handy to know. You will also take away some of your own work to show or display with pride.
You will learn:
- Applications of welding in today’s world
- Health and safety knowledge to keep you safe during welding and metal working activities
- Design and fabrication knowledge
- Hand skills in forming and shaping metal MIG Welding practice on various material mediums
You can expect:
- Worksheets and handouts to support learning
- Friendly, industry trained tutors with experience to guide you through the course
- Well stocked and equipped workshops
- Take away items you will fabricate and weld over the course
- A college certificate to show completion of the course
- A safe environment for all to explore the world of welding and fabrication
How to enrol onto this course
It is no longer possible to apply for this course.
Please check back later, as we may be offering the course again in the future.
Want to find out more first?
Get in touch by hitting the button below and filling out our enquiry form.Download a guide Adult learning Browse careers Get in touch
Course dates / times
We're currently finalising start dates for this course and more information will be available soon. To stay up to date with the latest course information register your details below and we’ll notify you when more information is available.
You must be aged 19+ and have a keen interest in welding.
|Teaching & assessment||
You must provide your own PPE including steel toe capped boots.