This course is perfect if you’d like a career as a motorcycle technician. We’ll help you build on your existing knowledge and learn more complex techniques.
You’ll learn both practical skills such as replacing parts and electrical units as well as theory such as pre-inspection and customer service needs.
You can expect lots of hands-on experience and practice in our purpose built workshops at London Road.
The course covers:
- Motorcycle preparation and inspection
- How to identify and agree motor vehicle customer service needs
- Removing and replacing motorcycle chassis units and components
- Removing and replacing motorcycle electrical units and components
- Motorcycle fuel, ignition, air and exhaust system units and components
- Motorcycle internal engine systems
- Routine motorcycle maintenance
- Materials, fabrication, tools and measuring devices used in the automotive environment
Start: 5th September 2022
Course code: C000202 / Q001170
IMI Level 2 Certificate/Diploma in Motorcycle Maintenance and Repair Principles
You’ll need a relevant Level 1 vocational qualification with English and Maths GCSE grades 9– 3 (A*– D).
Course assessment is made up of three elements:
Choose to follow with a Level 3 course in Motorcycle Maintenance and repair at Nottingham College or employment in the motorcycle industry.
Students aged 16-18 don't have to pay tuition fees.
If you are aged 19 or over you may still be eligible for funding. Check out our Financial Help pages to find out more!
If you are an EU/EEA or Swiss National, please visit our EU Settled Status scheme page for more information.
Budget announcement reaction
Black History Month 2021: Digital Marketing Course inspires local business owners.
Colleges Week 2021: MPs show their support for Nottingham College