This course is perfect if you’d like a career as a motorcycle technician. We’ll help you build on your existing knowledge and learn more complex techniques.
You’ll learn both practical skills such as replacing parts and electrical units as well as theory such as pre-inspection and customer service needs.
You can expect lots of hands-on experience and practice in our purpose built workshops at London Road.
The course covers:
- Motorcycle preparation and inspection
- How to identify and agree motor vehicle customer service needs
- Removing and replacing motorcycle chassis units and components
- Removing and replacing motorcycle electrical units and components
- Motorcycle fuel, ignition, air and exhaust system units and components
- Motorcycle internal engine systems
- Routine motorcycle maintenance
- Materials, fabrication, tools and measuring devices used in the automotive environment
Start: 6th September 2021
Course code: C000202 / Q001170
IMI Level 2 Certificate/Diploma in Motorcycle Maintenance and Repair Principles
You’ll need 4 GCSEs at grades 9–3 (A*–D), including English Language and Maths – one of English Language or Maths must be grade 9–4 (A*–C). Functional Skills Level 1 can be used as equivalent to GCSE grade 3 (D) and Functional Skills Level 2 can be used as equivalent to GCSE grade 4 (C) or above.
Course assessment is made up of three elements:
Choose to follow with a Level 3 course in Motorcycle Maintenance and repair at Nottingham College or employment in the motorcycle industry.
Students aged 16-18 don't have to pay tuition fees. If you are aged 19 or over, check out our Financial Help page for information on fees and funding!
Making the most of a Virtual Open Evening: Checklist
16 to 19 Tuition Fund - Additional support with your studies
Students help design the new skate park opposite the City Hub