Perfect if you want to build on your existing knowledge of motorcycle maintenance and repair and, most importantly, get you ready for that dream job!
You’ll learn how to diagnose and rectify motorcycle electrical, engine and chassis system faults.
You can expect lots of hands-on experience and practice in our purpose built workshops at London Road.
The course covers:
- Knowledge of materials, fabrication, tools and measuring devices used in the automotive environment
- Diagnosing and rectifying motorcycle electrical faults
- Motorcycle preparation and inspection
- Diagnosing and rectifying motorcycle engine faults
- Diagnosis and rectification of motorcycle chassis system faults
Start: 8th September 2020
Course code: C000203 / Q001179
IMI Level 3 Diploma in Motorcycle Maintenance and Repair Principles
You’ll need 5 GCSEs at grades 9–4 (A*–C), including English Language and Maths – both of these must be grades 9–4 (A*–C) or Functional Skills Level 2 in English and Maths, or a relevant Level 2 vocational qualification with English and Maths GCSE grades 9–4 (A*–C).
The assessment is made up of three components (set by IMI Awards):
The knowledge component of this qualification is also independently assessed via online testing. The tests are mapped to each knowledge unit's learning outcomes and assessment criteria to ensure coverage.
Choose to follow with employment in the motorcycle industry.
Students aged 16-18 don't have to pay tuition fees. If you are aged 19 or over, check out our Financial Help page for information on fees and funding!