This course is designed for students who already have experience of painting and drawing but would like to develop their portrait skills.
During the course you will:
- Draw and paint portraits from direct observation in a variety of materials
- Draw and paint self-portraits from direct observation in a variety of materials
- Draw hands from direct observation
- Look at and discussing a range of artists' work in portraiture
- Visit a local exhibition
The course will help you to:
- Improve observation
- Develop drawing and painting knowledge and skills
- Produce effective self-portraits and portraits in a range of media
- Experiment with materials and working methods
- Widen your knowledge and appreciation of artists' work in portraiture
Course dates / times
Sorry, we currently do not have any course date information available for this course. Please check back soon for further updates.
No qualification awarded
There are no formal entry requirements however some previous experience of drawing and painting is necessary.
|Teaching & assessment||
You will received verbal and written feedback from the tutor.
You can progress onto other painting and drawing courses.
NEW for 2018/19!!
FREE careers and next steps advice for adults on community courses.
To help you consider what to do at the end of the course, community classes will be visited by Futures, one of the leading organisations for careers advice. We have received very positive feedback from adult students who have already taken part in Futures sessions and Futures aim to make the session fun, engaging and informative for all.
You will also be able to access further advice and support from Futures after your course has finished.
Email this course information
Use the form below to email this course information directly to your inbox for future reference.
Tourism students go global in London
Stapleford opens its doors to visitors
Talented dancers take centre stage with the professionals