This qualification is aimed at anyone who is either in employment or searching for employment, particularly those who wish to develop their digital skills in relation to the management of information and digital safety, security and communication.
This course is split into five manageable units:
- Developing digital career skills
- In this unit, you will explore a range of digital skills, their relevance and how to improve your own digital skills. You will also look at social media and the internet in relation to employment opportunities, what forms an online identity, and how to use digital skills in career progression.
- Management of information
- You will be asked to look at how to gather reliable information using different techniques, as well as copyright regulations and what happens when these are breached. You will also be asked to explore different storage methods for data management and why these are in place, plus the benefits and limitations of these methods.
- Digital device safety awareness
- You will learn about types of threats to data and how to protect it, as well as considering data protection legislation. You will also be asked to look at health and safety legislation regarding the use of digital equipment and how the risks can be reduced.
- Communication and productivity
- In this unit, you will learn how to communicate effectively using a range of technology, including email, online meeting and collaboration tools, and digital networks. You will also be asked to understand the advantages and disadvantages of these methods and look at safety issues and support related to social media.
- Digital security
- In this unit, you will be able to identify a range of security threats and system protection methods, as well as exploring current legislation around system and data protection and organisational policies and procedures relating to this.
|Location||Date / time|
Date / time:
You can start this course at any time.
Course code: C037881 / Q037882
Principles for Digital Skills in Employment (TQUK Level 2 Certificate)
You will study at your own pace, but the course typically takes approximately 113 hours to complete.
There are no entry requirements for this course but you must be aged 19 or over.
Your assessment will be submitted online through the platform and you will receive feedback from a member of the team who will assess your work and provide thorough and supportive feedback.
You may complete this qualification in preparation to apply and work in this industry or to to enhance their understanding of their work environment. Alternatively, you may wish to progress in the subject to a higher level.
The tuition fee is funded in full* by the government, but you must submit information when you enrol to qualify. You can find out what information you need to submit here.
*If you are a 19-23 year old without a prior Level 2 qualification, this course will not be funded. Please contact the enquiries team to discuss all available options for you.
*Geographical restrictions may apply.