This qualification will give you the underpinning knowledge that is required to ensure you can successfully work in a range of different environments in a business administration role.
You will develop essential knowledge of how to carry out administrative tasks such as how to manage information and supporting events. You will also learn how to apply your knowledge in a variety of industries and job roles.
- Unit 1: Principles of providing administrative services
- This unit will develop your knowledge of a range of administrative support tasks as well as meeting types, different mail services and how to organise travel and accommodation. This unit also covers the impact of delivering poor customer service.
- Unit 2: Principles of business document production and information management
- This unit will provide you with an understanding of how to prepare and distribute business documents and identify how information is managed in business organisations.
- Unit 3: Understand communication in a business environment
- Within this unit you will study written and verbal business communication, including identifying appropriate body language and tone of voice when communicating verbally.
- Unit 4: Understand employer organisations
- This unit will provide you with an understanding of different organisational structures and the differences between private, public and voluntary sectors. You will also cover the internal and external influences on organisations and why change in the business environment is important.
- Unit 5: Understand how to develop working relationships with colleagues
- Within this unit you will look at the principles of effective team working, as well as what is expected of a ‘buddy’.
- Unit 6: Understand how to carry out business administration tasks
- This unit will provide you with the knowledge of how to deal with incoming and outgoing mail, reception services, diary systems management, event organisation and systems for financing administration roles. You will get the opportunity to apply this to your current or potential future workplace.
- Unit 7: Understand how to prepare text
- Within this unit you will gain an understanding of how to create text from recorded notes as well as knowledge of organisational procedures for storing confidential information.
You will gain access to high quality e-learning learning resources which will guide you step-by-step through all of the aspects of this course.
You'll have opportunities to reflect on what you have learned and to improve your subject knowledge using instant feedback from the platform.
You'll have support from a member of the team who will help guide you through the course in a timescale agreed with you.
|Location||Date / time||Fees / reductions|
Date / time:
You can start this course at any time.
Fees / reductions:
Tuition fee: £503.75
This course could be fully funded for you, subject to criteria. Please view our Financial Help section to see if you are eligible for fee remission.
Course code: C033682 / Q033683
Principles of Business Administration (NCFE Level 2 Certificate)
You will study at your own pace, but the course typically takes approximately 155 hours to complete.
There are no entry requirements for this course and must be aged 19 or over.
Your assessment will be submitted online through the platform and you will receive feedback from a member of the team who will assess your work and provide thorough and supportive feedback.
You may complete this qualification in preparation to apply and work in this industry or to to enhance their understanding of their work environment. Alternatively, you may wish to progress in the subject to a higher level.