This course will provide you with extensive knowledge and understanding of end of life care. You will explore common questions and themes in end of life care and the range of possible approaches to end of life care. This qualification will provide you with information on how to support a person’s familial, spiritual, social and emotional needs and will prepare you to confront issues of death and bereavement within your role.
- Unit 1: Understanding end of life care
- This unit covers the range of different attitudes and emotive issues surrounding death and dying, as well as the current approaches to end of life care and the support services available.
- Unit 2: Communication during end of life care
- You will look at the different communication skills required when administering end of life care, potential barriers to communication and how to overcome these in an effective, positive manner.
- Unit 3: Assessment and care planning in end of life care
- In this unit you will explore and expand upon what is meant by both the holistic approach and the person-centred approach to assessment and care planning.
- Unit 4: Person-centred approaches to end of life care
- Here you will explore the person-centred approach to end of life care by examining how to support the psychological, social, spiritual, religious, cultural and emotional needs of an individual.
- Unit 5: Care during the final hours of life and bereavement care
- This unit covers the sensitive approach needed when approaching death and the final hours of care. The process of grief and loss, how to support people following a bereavement and how to deal with your own feelings of grief are all considered here.
|Location||Date / time||Fees / reductions|
Date / time:
You can start this course at any time.
Fees / reductions:
Tuition fee: £811
This course could be fully funded for you, subject to criteria. Please view our Financial Help section to see if you are eligible for fee remission.
Course code: C033628 / Q033629
Principles of End of Life Care (NCFE Level 3 Certificate)
You will learn at your own pace, but the course typically takes approximately 141 hours to complete.
There are no entry requirements for this course.
Your assessment will be submitted online through the platform and you will receive feedback from a member of the team who will assess your work and provide thorough and supportive feedback.
You may complete this qualification in preparation to apply and work in this industry or to to enhance their understanding of their work environment. Alternatively, you may wish to progress in the subject to a higher level.