This qualification will provide you with the knowledge and understanding required to successfully lead a team.
You will develop knowledge around the principles of team leading and the general workings of a business as well as how important it is for a team leader to be able to successfully communicate with a range of stakeholders.
- Unit 1: Principles of team leading
- Within this introductory unit, you will gain an understanding of various leadership styles. You will develop knowledge of team dynamics and the techniques that are essential to effectively manage a team’s workload.
- Unit 2: Understand business
- Here you will increase your understanding of different organisational structures and the business environment. You will develop your knowledge of the principles of business planning and finance within an organisation, as well as business reporting, management responsibilities and accountabilities within and organisation.
- Unit 3: Understand how to communicate work-related information
- Here you will look at the principles and techniques behind work-related communication through both verbal and written forms. You will develop knowledge of a range of documents required for different types of meetings in a business environment.
- Unit 4: Understand how to manage performance and conflict in the workplace
- Within this unit you will develop your knowledge of team performance management through benchmarking, discovering how to manage underperformance within a team and conflict in the workplace.
- Unit 5: Principles of equality and diversity in the workplace
- In this unit you will develop an understanding of the standards and expectations of equality and diversity in the workplace, including the potential consequences of failing to comply with the relevant legislation.
- Unit 6: Understand how to develop working relationships with colleagues
- In Unit 6 you will look in detail about the principles of effective teamwork and how to be a ‘buddy’. This unit also covers the benefits of effective team working, how to give feedback constructively and the techniques that may be used to resolve team conflict.
- Unit 7: Understand health and safety procedures in the workplace
- Within this unit you will look at the main health and safety responsibilities and laws affecting the workplace. You will look at employers’ and employees’ responsibilities in relation to health and safety, as well as the support that is available for employees.
- Unit 8: Understand how to develop and deliver a presentation
- In the final unit, you will look at the development and delivery of presentations. You will discover the advantages and limitations of various forms of media, look at the factors affecting contingency plans and consider different ways to evaluate presentations.
|Location||Date / time||Fees / reductions|
Date / time:
You can start this course at any time.
Fees / reductions:
Tuition fee: £520
This course could be fully funded for you, subject to criteria. Please view our Financial Help section to see if you are eligible for fee remission.
Course code: C033664 / Q033665
Principles of Team Leading (NCFE Level 2 Certificate)
You will learn at your own pace, but the course typically takes approximately 160 hours to complete.
There are no entry requirements for this course but you must be aged 19 or over.
Your assessment will be submitted online through the platform and you will receive feedback from a member of the team who will assess your work and provide thorough and supportive feedback.
You may complete this qualification in preparation to apply and work in this industry or to to enhance their understanding of their work environment. Alternatively, you may wish to progress in the subject to a higher level.