An understanding of how to effectively prevent and control the spread of infection is crucial in ensuring that individuals do not unknowingly cause their family, friends, colleagues and any other people that they come into contact with to become unwell.
By completing this course, you will be equipped with a greater understanding of how to prevent and control the spread of infection, both in the workplace and in the home. You will also gain knowledge of how to identify infections, as well as the different types of infection.
- Unit 1: Principles of the causes and spread of infection in healthcare settings
- In this unit you will learn about the chain of infection and examine how infection is caused and the ways in which it can spread.
- Unit 2: Principles of the importance of personal hygiene and health in the prevention and control of infection in healthcare settings
- Within this unit you will discover the vital importance of personal hygiene, demonstrate effective hand washing and the principles of using personal protective equipment.
- Unit 3: Principles of decontamination, cleaning and waste management in healthcare settings
- This unit will provide you with an understanding of how important cleaning, decontamination, sterilisation and waste management is within the healthcare setting.
- Unit 4: Principles of infection prevention and control in a healthcare setting
- In this unit you will learn about the purpose of infection control and look in detail at the regulations, policies, procedures, risk assessments and roles and responsibilities in relation to infection control.
|Location||Date / time||Fees / reductions|
Date / time:
You can start this course at any time.
Fees / reductions:
Tuition fee: £360.75
This course could be fully funded for you, subject to criteria. Please view our Financial Help section to see if you are eligible for fee remission.
Course code: C033642 / Q033643
Principles of the Prevention and Control of Infection in Health and Social Care Setting (NCFE Level 2 Certificate)
You will learn at your own pace, but the course typically takes approximately 111 hours to complete.
There are no entry requirements for this course but you must be aged 19 or over.
Your assessment will be submitted online through the platform and you will receive feedback from a member of the team who will assess your work and provide thorough and supportive feedback.
You may complete this qualification in preparation to apply and work in this industry or to to enhance their understanding of their work environment. Alternatively, you may wish to progress in the subject to a higher level.