This qualification aims to provide you with a comprehensive understanding of issues related to different types of learning disabilities and how these affect individuals in their daily lives.
By studying this course, you will cover a range of topics, including safeguarding and personalisation in social care.
- Unit 1: Understand the context of supporting individuals with learning disabilities
- In this unit you will contextualise the support provided to individuals with learning disabilities, including gaining an understanding of inclusion, advocacy and empowerment. You will also consider the causes, nature and characteristics of learning disabilities.
- Unit 2: Principles of safeguarding and protection in health and social care
- Within this unit you will discover how to recognise signs of abuse and understand how to respond to a situation of alleged or suspected abuse. You will also look into ways to reduce the likelihood of abuse and how to report unsafe practices.
- Unit 3: Introduction to personalisation in social care
- In this unit you will consider the importance of adopting a personalised approach to care when supporting individuals with learning disabilities, as well as looking at the systems currently in place which encourage personalisation.
- Unit 4: Principles of positive risk-taking for individuals with disabilities
- Within this unit you will gain an understanding of the importance of using positive, person-centred risk assessment to support individuals with decisions about risk-taking. This unit also explores the ways in which support can be given to manage identified risks.
- Unit 5: Introductory awareness of autistic spectrum conditions
- In this unit you will focus on Autistic Spectrum Conditions (ASCs) and the different experiences of individuals living with an ASC. You will consider person-centred ways of supporting individuals who have an ASC, including the different systems which can be used to enable communication.
- Unit 6: Principles of supporting individuals with a learning disability to access healthcare
- Within this unit you will gain a comprehensive understanding of the roles of different professionals working with individuals with learning disabilities in healthcare services.
- This unit also covers how healthcare plans and health checks underpin long-term health and well-being and explores issues that individuals may face when accessing healthcare services.
|Location||Date / time|
Date / time:
You can start this course at any time.
Course code: C037885 / Q037886
Principles of Working with Individuals with Learning Disabilities (TQUK Level 2 Certificate)
You will learn at your own pace, but the course typically takes approximately 143 hours to complete.
There are no entry requirements for this course but you must be aged 19 or over.
Your assessment will be submitted online through the platform and you will receive feedback from a member of the team who will assess your work and provide thorough and supportive feedback.
You may complete this qualification in preparation to apply and work in this industry or to to enhance their understanding of their work environment. Alternatively, you may wish to progress in the subject to a higher level.
The tuition fee is funded in full* by the government, but you must submit information when you enrol to qualify. You can find out what information you need to submit here.
*If you are a 19-23 year old without a prior Level 2 qualification, this course will not be funded. Please contact the enquiries team to discuss all available options for you.
*Geographical restrictions may apply.