The service sector is fiercely competitive at management level. The main aim of this programme is to enhance your management skills and understanding of the importance of effective business management within the sector.
It’s been developed to meet the needs of students who have already gained a foundation degree, HND, HCIMA diploma, or other similar qualification and wish to continue their studies to degree level.
The course has been designed to:
- Provide opportunities to investigate the industry areas in which your interests lie, and to enable you to work with greater expertise and understanding
- Give an overview of the services industry and provide the underpinning knowledge required to operate effectively within it
- Enhance understanding of the importance of the sector and of effective service sector management, as it supports the strategic objectives of the organisation
- Integrate specific knowledge and skills into a coherent whole, encouraging you to view the industry holistically
- Develop understanding of the role and standing of the industry within the broader environmental, economic, political, social and technological context
Core modules include:
- Developing business skills and research
- Human resource and personal development management
- Marketing planning for services
- Strategic business environment
- Research project
- Strategic revenue management
The course recognises the need for developing skills featuring initiative, accepting personal responsibility, and complex decision-making; providing a foundation of qualities and transferable skills necessary for employment or further education at postgraduate level.
You can view the full Course Specification here.
|Location||Date||Fees / reductions|
111 Canal Street
Start: 19th September 2022
Fees / reductions:
Tuition fee: £8,250
The tuition fee is per year.
Various bursaries are available for some Higher Education courses.
Course code: C000440 / Q002374
Service Sector Management BA (Hons) Degree
You’ll need a minimum of 48 UCAS points and should possess or expect to achieve one of the following in a related subject area:
Industry experience is an advantage.
Mature applicants with relevant professional experience and/or qualifications are welcome to apply.
A variety of methods provide opportunities to personalise your studies and demonstrate your strengths. There is a strong focus on the vocational nature of this course by using live project work and industry-based assignments including consultancy reports, marketing planning, recruitment and selection planning, computer-generated accountancy reports and a personal case study to help you plan for your career development.
An individual Research Project and participation in an Undergraduate Conference seminar are essential features.
At the end of the course you will have acquired the knowledge and skills necessary for employment in the service sector where there is a wide range of career opportunities. Some graduates choose to venture into other business sectors and are equally successful in gaining employment through the transferable skills gained on the course.
Our graduates have gone on to work with employers such as East Midlands Airport, CenterParcs, De Vere Hotels, The Yardstick Agency, Mitchells and Butlers, Pub People Company, Thoresby Park, Grosvenor Casinos, Valor Hotels.
Upon graduation it may be your wish to undertake a post-graduate diploma or higher degree.
This course is validated by Nottingham Trent University.
6 Open Day tips for parents
Level 2 Make-up students create Winter Ball looks
College comes together to raise money for fantastic causes