The service sector is fiercely competitive at management level. The main aim of this programme is to enhance your management skills and understanding of the importance of effective business management within the sector.
It’s been developed to meet the needs of students who have already gained a foundation degree, HND, HCIMA diploma, or other similar qualification and wish to continue their studies to degree level.
The course has been designed to:
- Provide opportunities to investigate the industry areas in which your interests lie, and to enable you to work with greater expertise and understanding
- Give an overview of the services industry and provide the underpinning knowledge required to operate effectively within it
- Enhance understanding of the importance of the sector and of effective service sector management, as it supports the strategic objectives of the organisation
- Integrate specific knowledge and skills into a coherent whole, encouraging you to view the industry holistically
- Develop understanding of the role and standing of the industry within the broader environmental, economic, political, social and technological context
Core modules include:
- Developing business skills and research
- Human resource and personal development management
- Marketing planning for services
- Strategic business environment
- Research project
- Strategic revenue management
The course recognises the need for developing skills featuring initiative, accepting personal responsibility, and complex decision-making; providing a foundation of qualities and transferable skills necessary for employment or further education at postgraduate level.
You can view the full Course Specification here.
|Location||Date||Fees / reductions|
111 Canal Street
Start: Tuesday 19th September 2023
Fees / reductions:
Tuition fee: £3,375
The tuition fee is per year.
Various bursaries are available for some Higher Education courses.
Course code: C025941 / Q026163
Service Sector Management BA (Hons) Degree
You should possess or expect to achieve one of the following in a related subject area with a minimum of 48 UCAS points:
Mature applicants with relevant professional experience and/or qualifications are welcome to apply.
|Teaching & assessment||
The course is assessed via individual and group assignments, group presentations, research assignments and examinations.
An individual dissertation is an essential part of the course.
You may progress on to management positions and graduate management opportunities in a wide range of service sector industries.
Our graduates have gone on to work with employers such as Finesse Hotels Group, Hart’s Hotel and Restaurant, Eden Hall, De Vere Hotel Group, Nottingham City Council and Barclays Bank.
Alternatively, you may wish to pursue further study with a postgraduate or teacher training qualification.
This course is validated by Nottingham Trent University.