The occupations covered by this apprenticeship are associated with surveying technicians acting on behalf of clients or employers in an assistant capacity.
The main duties of a Surveying Technician are:
- To collect information from inspections or visits to buildings, land and construction sites
- To take appropriate measurements of buildings, land or plans
- To meet with other professionals, clients, customers and others to obtain and provide information relating to land, property or construction
- To collect and record data relating to land, buildings or construction for technical use
- To manage work tasks relating to the area of practice
- To undertake costings and/or measurements and/or valuations using data collected from research
- To ensure a safe working environment for themselves and others
|Study location||Basford 664 Nuthall Road, Basford, Nottingham, NG8 6AQ|
You can start this Apprenticeship at any time of the year.
Surveying Technician - Advanced Apprenticeship - Standard
You will need to be employed for a minimum of 30 hours per week in a relevant job but we can assist you in finding a placement
You will also need at least 5 GCSEs at Grades 9 - 4 (A* - C) including Maths at Grade 9 - 6 (A - B), English and Science or their equivalent. Apprentices without level 2 English and maths will need to have achieve this prior to taking the end point assessment.
Adults who are aged 19+ with appropriate industry experience but without the necessary qualifications are welcome to apply.
All applicants will be required to undertake an assessment in English and maths prior to enrolling.
Students will be assigned an assessor who will monitor their progress both in college and on site. Students are required to keep a portfolio of evidence generated in the workplace. An End Point Assessment will be undertaken before the end of the apprenticeship.
The apprenticeship will provide the necessary knowledge skills and behaviours for successful apprentices to become Associate members of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyor