Our Dignity and Safeguarding Level 2 course aims to provide you with a thorough understanding of the importance of dignity and safeguarding, and is valuable to those working in, or looking to work in, the health and social care sector.
- Unit 1: Understanding safeguarding in adult health and social care
- In this unit you will learn about the national and local responsibilities in safeguarding and protection from abuse. You will study how to effectively recognise abuse and harm, as well as respond to possible cases of abuse or harm occurring within a health and social care environment.
- Unit 2: Principles of dignity in adult health and social care practice
- Within this unit you will focus on dignity, self-worth and well-being and how these can be promoted through health and social care practice. You will also consider how the individual patient is impacted by health and social care services and how principles of dignity can be applied – this section will further your understanding of how safeguarding can improve a person’s situation dramatically.
- Unit 3: Understand duty of care in adult health and social care
- In this unit you will explore the meaning of duty of care, along with how it influences health and social care practice. You will develop knowledge of dilemmas and conflicts relating to duty of care and the wide range of support advice available for resolving such instances.
- Unit 4: Understand dilemmas and public concerns in adult health and social care
- Within this unit you will develop an understanding of the various dilemmas that can occur in adult health and social care, including ways of recognising dilemmas, how best to resolve them and the support available in doing so.
|Location||Date / time||Fees / reductions|
Date / time:
You can start this course at any time.
Fees / reductions:
Tuition fee: £471.25
This course could be fully funded for you, subject to criteria. Please view our Financial Help section to see if you are eligible for fee remission.
Course code: C033657 / Q033656
Understand Dignity and Safeguarding in Adult Health and Social Care (NCFE Level 2 Certificate)
You will learn at your own pace, but the course typically takes approximately 145 hours to complete.
There are no entry requirements for this course but you must be aged 19 or over.
Your assessment will be submitted online through the platform and you will receive feedback from a member of the team who will assess your work and provide thorough and supportive feedback.
You may complete this qualification in preparation to apply and work in this industry or to to enhance their understanding of their work environment. Alternatively, you may wish to progress in the subject to a higher level.