This qualification aims to explore possible causes which could explain why people behave as they do, helping you to develop your understanding and deal with these situations in an appropriate way.
You will look at the impact and possible justification for these behaviours, considering what the root cause could be. This course will equip you with pro-active strategies to support positive behaviour.
- Unit 1: Understand behaviour that challenges
- In this unit you will learn about how behaviour can be perceived as challenging. You will discover the underlying issues that affect behaviour and the impact it can have on others.
- Unit 2: Understand how to support positive behaviour
- This unit will help you to identify behavioural changes and triggers that may escalate behaviour. You will consider how strategies and support plans can promote positive behaviour. Throughout this unit, you will also gain an understanding of legislation that protects the rights of the individual.
- Unit 3: Understand the importance of effective communication and the management of behaviour that challenges
- This unit will increase your understanding of the impact communication can have on the management of behaviour that challenges. You will also discover how positive reinforcement and other techniques can de-escalate behaviour.
- Unit 4: Understand the role of reflection and support for those involved in incidents of behaviour that challenges
- In this unit you will learn about the importance of reflection following an incident of behaviour that challenges. This unit focuses on understanding the consequences of your actions and how to maintain your own well-being.
|Location||Date / time|
Date / time:
You can start this course at any time.
Course code: C037843 / Q037844
Understanding Behaviour that Challenges (TQUK Level 2 Certificate)
You will learn at your own pace, but the course typically takes approximately 130 hours to complete.
There are no entry requirements for this course but you must be aged 19 or over.
Your assessment will be submitted online through the platform and you will receive feedback from a member of the team who will assess your work and provide thorough and supportive feedback.
You may complete this qualification in preparation to apply and work in this industry or to to enhance their understanding of their work environment. Alternatively, you may wish to progress in the subject to a higher level.
The tuition fee is funded in full* by the government, but you must submit information when you enrol to qualify. You can find out what information you need to submit here.
*If you are a 19-23 year old without a prior Level 2 qualification, this course will not be funded. Please contact the enquiries team to discuss all available options for you.
*Geographical restrictions may apply.