This qualification aims to equip you with a strong understanding of common childhood illnesses.
It includes how to provide a safe and healthy environment for babies and young children, how to recognise when a baby or child is unwell, and how to manage acute and chronic health conditions in an early years setting.
- Unit 1: Understand how to provide a safe and healthy environment for babies and young children
- In this unit, you will explore ways to minimise cross infection and maintain a safe and hygienic environment for babies and young children.
- Unit 2: Understand common childhood illnesses
- This unit will help you to recognise when a child is unwell, and common childhood illnesses that may occur. You will also consider the policies and procedures relating to unwell children in an early years setting.
- Unit 3: Understand health emergencies and specific health conditions in an early years setting
- In the final unit of this course, you will consider the role of the practitioner in relation to common accidents and basic first aid, as well as serious illness requiring emergency support. Acute and chronic health conditions, including how to manage allergies in the setting, will also be covered.
|Location||Date / time|
Date / time:
You can start this course at any time.
Course code: C033636 / Q033637
Understanding Common Childhood Illnesses (NCFE Level 2 Certificate)
You will learn at your own pace, but the course typically takes approximately 120 hours to complete.
There are no entry requirements for this course but you must be aged 19 or over.
Your assessment will be submitted online through the platform and you will receive feedback from a member of the team who will assess your work and provide thorough and supportive feedback.
You may complete this qualification in preparation to apply and work in this industry or to to enhance their understanding of their work environment. Alternatively, you may wish to progress in the subject to a higher level.
The tuition fee is funded in full by the government, but you must submit information when you enrol to qualify. You can find out what information you need to submit here.