This qualification aims to improve your understanding of nutrition and health.
It covers factors such as the principles of healthy eating and weight management, nutrition in the context of eating disorders and how to prepare food safely in a home environment.
- Unit 1: Explore the principles of healthy eating
- In this unit you will explore what a healthy diet is and how your diet directly affects your general health. You will also examine various lifestyle diseases, the role different nutrients play in assisting how your body functions and learn how to plan a healthy meal and prepare food safely.
- Unit 2: Consider the nutritional needs of a variety of individuals
- This unit looks at how nutritional needs alter with age from children up to older people, and focuses on the specific dietary requirements of these demographics. You will also learn the factors that create barriers to a healthy lifestyle.
- Unit 3: Use food and nutrition information to plan a healthy diet
- In this unit you will gain an increased awareness of the information that is provided on food labels and how this can be used to plan healthier meals and encourage a healthier diet. You will also look at the advantages and disadvantages of food additives and evaluate your own diet.
- Unit 4: The principles of weight management
- This unit explores the risks associated with ineffective weight management and highlights how to implement effective methods of weight management. You will look at how societal demands for a particular body image can negatively influence weight management and how to plan a short-term weight management programme that works for you.
- Unit 5: Understanding eating disorders
- In this unit you will study different eating disorders and their effect on health and well-being. You will also look in more detail at the complex connection between food and feelings and how to access information and support in relation to eating disorders.
- Unit 6: Principles of food safety for the home environment
- This unit will cover how to implement food safety in a safe environment, avoid contamination and identify hazards. You will also learn about the importance of personal hygiene when handling food.
|Location||Date / time||Fees / reductions|
Date / time:
You can start this course at any time.
Fees / reductions:
Tuition fee: £409.50
This course could be fully funded for you, subject to criteria. Please view our Financial Help section to see if you are eligible for fee remission.
Course code: C033654 / Q033655
Understanding Nutrition and Health (NCFE Level 2 Certificate)
You will learn at your own pace, but the course typically takes approximately 126 hours to complete.
There are no entry requirements for this course.
Your assessment will be submitted online through the platform and you will receive feedback from a member of the team who will assess your work and provide thorough and supportive feedback.
You may complete this qualification in preparation to apply and work in this industry or to to enhance their understanding of their work environment. Alternatively, you may wish to progress in the subject to a higher level.