By completing this qualification, you will gain knowledge of several different Specific Learning Difficulties, how they are diagnosed and how individuals can be supported.
You will develop an understanding of the positive aspects and strengths or individuals with Specific Learning Difficulties in addition to exploring the barriers they may face.
- Unit 1: Understand Specific Learning Difficulties
- In this unit you will gain an understanding of what is meant by the term ‘Specific Learning Difficulty’. You will research the characteristics of different difficulties and co-occurring conditions. You will also gain an understanding of common misconceptions and how the difficulty is a lifelong condition.
- Unit 2: Understand the effects of Specific Learning Difficulties
- Throughout this unit you will gain an understanding of how Specific Learning Difficulties affect an individual’s life and those of others around them. You will gain an understanding of how the attitudes of others can impact the individuals and on completion of the unit will be able to identify the strengths and barriers an individual may experience.
- Unit 3: Understand the diagnosis of Specific Learning Difficulties
- In this unit you will gain an understanding of the importance of gaining an early diagnosis and the impact of delayed or non-diagnosis. You will also investigate the diagnosis process and the professionals involved.
- Unit 4: Understanding supporting individuals with Specific Learning Difficulties
- This unit will explain how to support an individual with a Specific Learning Difficulty in a variety of settings. You will gain an understanding of different coping strategies and assistive technology that can be used as support.
- Unit 5: Understand the context of Specific Learning Difficulties
- Within this unit you will gain an understanding of how attitudes, legislation and services have evolved over time to support individuals with Specific Learning Difficulties.
|Location||Date / time||Fees / reductions|
Date / time:
You can start this course at any time.
Fees / reductions:
Tuition fee: £419.25
This course could be fully funded for you, subject to criteria. Please view our Financial Help section to see if you are eligible for fee remission.
Course code: C033670 / Q033671
Understanding Specific Learning Difficulties (NCFE Level 2 Certificate)
You will work at your own pace, but the course typically takes approximately 129 hours to complete.
There are no entry requirements for this course.
Your assessment will be submitted online through the platform and you will receive feedback from a member of the team who will assess your work and provide thorough and supportive feedback.
You may complete this qualification in preparation to apply and work in this industry or to to enhance their understanding of their work environment. Alternatively, you may wish to progress in the subject to a higher level.