Motorcycle Apprenticeship Programme
We are local leaders in automotive training and work with brand dealerships as well as independent garages, repair centres and automotive parts dealers. We are the region’s most established provider of automotive training, with courses approved by the motor industry body: the Institute of the Motor Industry (IMI).
Our workshops are fully equipped with the latest diagnostic equipment and technology, to ensure our apprentices have the most up-to-date industry knowledge, and hands-on experience with the kit used by motor industry professionals.
If you are looking for an apprenticeship vacancy and would like to find out more about what it’s like to train as an automotive apprentice with Nottingham College.
The Learner Journey
Over three years you will learn a wide range of high-level skills. The knowledge you will gain through this apprenticeship will prepare you for a full-time role as a motorcycle technician.
The duration of the programme is 39 Months – Including 3 months End point assessment (EPA). There are 24 separate weeks block release to our training facility in Nottingham. This works out as 8 separate weeks of block training each year. A member of our training team will also visit the learner in the workplace to monitor progress during the course of the apprenticeship.
- Foundation skills
- Motorcycle engine, lubrication and cooling
- Motorcycle wheels and tyres
- Motorcycle braking systems
- Motorcycle fuel, air, exhaust and ignition systems
Gateway 1 Skills Tests:
- Thread a hole in a steel bar and remove stud
- Carry out a puncture repair to the front tyre
- Replace front brake disc/s and pads
- Replace water pump
- Motorcycle inspection and maintenance
- Motorcycle frame, steering and suspension
- Motorcycle transmission and driveline
- Motorcycle electrical systems
- Motorcycle emerging technologies
Gateway 2 Skills Tests:
Carry out an interim service
Replace a telescopic fork seal
Replace the motorcycle drive chain
Replace starter motor
- Diagnose and rectify motorcycle engine systems
- Diagnose and rectify motorcycle transmission systems
- Diagnose and rectify motorcycle electrical systems
- Diagnose and rectify motorcycle chassis systems
End point Assessment:
- Online knowledge test
- Professional discussion
- Skills test
- Induction including mentors
- Personal development behaviour and wellbeing programme
- Instructor based training
- Virtual classroom training
- Real place learning
- Workplace projects
- eLog books
- Virtual trainer visits
- Video learning
- End point assessment
If you’re interested in starting our motor vehicle apprenticeship, please contact us at email@example.com or call us on 0115 945 7260.