The Government’s Digital Skills Bootcamps were announced in October 2020 and committed much-needed support to businesses grappling with an ongoing pandemic and an increasing need to digitally adapt to our new working environment.
Our latest Digital Bootcamp will offer face to face learning at one of our Nottingham City campuses, over the course of 10 weeks, and will be delivered free of charge for unemployed learners over the age of 19*.
At the end of the Digital Bootcamp, learners will have a guaranteed interview and the opportunity to gain employment within a digital marketing role or through the Level 3 Digital Marketer apprenticeship.
Digital Marketing Course Overview
This 10-week course focuses on developing Ideas and gaining skills for prospective employment in a digital marketing role.
Students will understand the principles and key elements of effective marketing and how to gain the appropriate skills in the industry.
A digital marketer has a varied workload and uses a wide range of skills. Some elements of marketing are technical, some are creative, and some are analytical. If you choose to go down a digital marketing route you may choose to specialize in a set area, e.g. social media.
Our course incorporates all the areas of marketing you’re likely to encounter.
Our Digital Bootcamp classes will take place in the Adam’s Building.
|Weekly Course Time||Time|
|Monday||(All Day) 9am - 4pm|
|Thursday||10am - 1.15pm|
|Friday||12.45pm - 4pm|
|Week Commencing||Study topics|
|Week 1 |
10th January 2022
| • An introduction to digital marketing
• Digital marketing concepts and models
• Case study examples and industry briefs
17th January 2022
|• Developing a portfolio and showreel|
• Interview and presentation skills
• CV creation/cover letter writing
• Creating an online profile through LinkedIn
24th January 2022
|• SWOT analysis|
• Create personas
• Social media
31st January 2022
|• Video, photo/image mediums|
• Software introduction
• Learn how to capture video framing/recording
7th February 2022
|• The broad reach of content strategy|
• Display advertising and data strategy
• Logo and brand proposition effect
21st February 2022
• Examples and exercises
28th February 2022
• Paid and organic search interaction
7th March 2022
|• Interview techniques and practice interviews applying your learning from previous weeks|
14th March 2022
|Working towards submission of a final case study These can be in the medium of your choosing. PowerPoint, video, advertising boards. Considering your audience prepare a pitch for the final week.|
21st March 2022
|Final Group critique of case studies and individual pitches of final business/product. Lecturer and group feedback and discussion.|
Successful students will:
- Understand how to confidently and proactively apply for roles within digital marketing.
- Work on case study examples from actual industry briefs and explore how an organisation uses digital marketing.
- Gain knowledge of strategic planning and marketing, using framework examples and models.
- Develop a digital marketing toolbox that explores all of the digital marketing tactics and concepts.
- Understand the use of social media platforms, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, and YouTube.
- Understand the knowledge and skills required by the “industry” to perform effectively within this role.
- Have a CV that effectively demonstrates your digital marketing skills and understanding.
- Learn how to demonstrate your understanding of digital marketing in an interview situation and explore wider interview skills.
- Have an online profile to support your application for digital marketing roles.
- Understand how companies use brand and logo design.
- Understand web analytics, SEO, and paid and organic search interaction.
- Understand the basic principles of photo/video editing and image mediums through “industry” software workshops.
- Learn skills required to pitch an idea or present professionally during an interview.
- Receive a Nottingham College certificate upon completion of the course.
Our 10-week digital masterclass will be delivered by Lee Nixon, owner of Mediabox Productions and digital marketing course leader at Nottingham College. Lee has over twenty years of knowledge and experience working in the industry. He has worked for big names, including Specsavers, David Lloyd Health Clubs, Nottingham County Council, Holiday Inn, Nottingham Castle, and the NHS. Just to name a few.
His business has been established for over 11 years and prior to setting it up, he worked for the BBC as a Television Director for over 8 years. He has also worked for ITV, Channel four and Sky TV.
Application deadline – 10/01/22. Limited places are available.
Register your interest below and we will be in touch to complete an initial assessment prior to enrolment.
*Learners must meet eligibility and entry requirements. The Digital Bootcamp will not affect Universal Credit.
Please note that the college will be closed from 23 December 2021 to 4 January 2022. If you make an application during this time, it will be added to the system but we contact you after the college has re-opened.
Read more about the D2N2 Digital Bootcamps initiatives.