Our latest Digital Skills Bootcamp in cloud computing will offer a blended learning model with face to face and online learning at one of our City Hub campuses. Over the course of 10 weeks, these Bootcamps will be delivered free of charge for unemployed or self-employed learners over the age of 19, or at a nominal contribution for employed leaners.
At the end of the Skills Bootcamp, learners will have a guaranteed interview and the opportunity to gain employment within an ICT role, progress onto a relevant apprenticeship or, be supported to explore other options to progress in their chosen career.
Skills Bootcamps are a flexible course of up to 16 weeks for adults aged 19 or over that are in work, self-employed, recently unemployed or returning to work after break.
They’re designed to give participants the opportunity to develop their skills in a specific area and fast track into a new job or get ahead with their current employer.
Our Skills Bootcamps are co-designed with local employers to directly respond to industry skills shortages and current job and apprenticeship vacancies.
Participants who complete Skills Bootcamps are guaranteed an interview or supported to explore other options to progress in their chosen career pathway.
Our Skills Bootcamps that are currently available are:
- Cloud Computing
- Electric Vehicle Maintenance & F‑Gas refrigeration (coming soon)
If you are interested in attending a Skills Bootcamp, you can find further information by clicking on the links above.
Skills Bootcamps can benefit your business by offering you the opportunity to upskill your existing staff, recruit new employees, or support your own business, if self-employed.
- There is no cost to employers to recruit Skills Bootcamp participants
- Explore options with our apprenticeships team to recruit Skills Bootcamp learners as a new apprentice
- Access to Skills Bootcamp learners who have developed relevant skills for your industry
- Employers contribute to the cost of training if they wish their existing staff to attend a Skills Bootcamp to upskill.
- Large employers contribute 30%
- Small to medium (SME’s) contribute 10%
- If you are self-employed there is no cost to attend.
- Flexible blended learning through a combination of face to face and online tutor led sessions (dependant on chosen bootcamp)
- Retrain and redeploy staff to support business needs.
- Improve staff retention
- Provide progression opportunities for your existing staff
- Futureproof your business, by ensuring your employees have the relevant skills to adapt to a rapidly changing labour market.
Register your interest below to help co-design our bootcamps, recruit new employees or upskill your existing staff.