As one of the largest colleges in the country, Nottingham College has a vast range of vocational training courses on offer to give our students the best chance of securing a good job or a place at university.
College is very different to school and vocational courses are very different to GCSEs. As a parent you will want to support your child to make decisions about their next steps after school. These decisions are potentially life changing. Your child may currently be finalising their GCSE studies and will need help to understand what is on offer to them from this September.
Nottingham College offers the biggest range of vocational training options, from construction through to graphic design, from fashion marketing through to computing. All our courses are taught by tutors who have had experience in industry. Our equipment and resources are state of the art and follow industry best practice too so all our students can be work ready when they qualify with us.
At Nottingham College we offer much more than a qualification. Our connections with employers mean that work experience features heavily in our student experience. Maths and English will be taught alongside our vocational courses to make sure our students leave us with the required grades for the career they are moving into. We also offer a huge range of extra-curricular activities to give our students lots of things to put on their CV.
At this event you will learn more about:
- The different levels of study involved in vocational learning
- Different Apprenticeship options we can offer
- How we develop other core skills that employers are looking for such as communications, creativity, team work, problem solving and more
- The financial support we can offer our students, including travel passes, food vouchers and help with equipment costs
- Additional support we can offer students in and outside of the classroom
- All the experiences our students get that they can’t get anywhere else, such as links with employers, work placements, visits and trips, clubs and societies and our very own student council
- How we prioritise student health and wellbeing, offering dedicated support to students to support good mental health
- Our Covid health and safety protocols in place at all our sites to give you peace of mind that we will protect your child
- Our courses and how they link through to jobs and careers that exist now and will exist in the future
Young people have had a challenging year. They will no doubt be feeling anxious about finishing school and embarking on their next chapter. We can help you to support your child, to relieve some of this anxiety and help them understand all the options available.
Our event speakers will include:
- Representatives from our key vocational areas
- A careers advisor and work placement advisor
- Our Achievement Coaches who work with our tutors to offer students support and additional learning
- One of our student finance experts
- Our College Principal/Director of Curriculum
- Our maths and English lead
- A member of our student wellbeing team
We look forward to meeting you.