All college campuses are now open and have resumed face to face teaching for all students. A mix of face to face and online learning continues. — Read more

It looks like you have JavaScript turned off

Pretty much everything should work. But you may find some components look slightly off as a result. You can find out what JavaScript is here. If you don't have JavaScript turned off, or if something doesn't work that you think should do, please get in touch.

Community Learning Courses

Creative Enterprise L4

Some students are able to have their full tuition fees waived, this is referred to as Fee Remission.

You will only be required to pay any material costs that relate to your course.

Fee Remission

Fee remission is available in the following circumstances:

  • You are unemployed and in receipt of any of the listed benefits (see list below), OR
  • You are employed and earning less than £338 a month (individual) or £541 a month (household) AND in receipt of any of the benefits listed below, OR
  • You as an individual earns less than £17,004 and do not receive benefits. You will need to provide/upload 2 months wage slips as evidence to your application account.
  • If your household income is below £30,000* Net salary and you are NOT in receipt of benefits (you will need to apply for student finance online through your application portal and upload 2 months wage slips as evidence)
  • If claiming fee remission, you will be asked to provide evidence of benefits and/or income at time of enrolment – the best way to do this is to upload it to your application portal. Check out our guide to applying here for information on how to do this. Without evidence, you will not be enrolled on the course.

We will accept the following evidence – you will need to upload a photograph of this to your application account:

  • Benefit evidence for unemployed.
    You must provide a letter dated within 3 months from the Job Centre/Benefits Agency confirming your benefit.
  • Income evidence for employed but wanting college student finance fund to pay fees.
    You must complete an application for student finance if your salary is over £17,004 but below £30,000 NET. In every case, you will need to provide either a letter confirming your income from your employer or the last two months wage slips. Upload this to your college account and complete the application form online.
  • If you are not eligible for any fee reductions, the full cost of the course should be paid. We are working on our online payment system and this should be available soon. Until then, once you have applied for the course, we will contact you by phone to discuss how we will take the payment. Please note you are not fully enrolled until college has made contact to complete your enrolment.
  • It is possible to spread your payments by instalments if the full fees are over £200 and the course lasts more than 10 weeks in duration. See our page about fees and funding for more information. If you are paying in full and can pay by debit/credit card, you do not need to come into College to enrol.

Financial assistance may also be available to help with the cost of travel to College, equipment and childcare and you can read more here.


Benefits eligible for fee remission are listed below:

  • Income based Job Seekers Allowance
  • Employment Support Allowance
  • Universal Credit
  • Income Support
  • Housing Benefit
  • Council Tax Benefit (not the Single Person Discount)
  • Pension Guarantee Credit
  • Disability Living Allowance/Personal Independence Payment
  • If you are a joint claimant of one of the above benefits
  • Dependant of individuals in receipt of the above (up to the age of 20)
  • Asylum Seekers on means tested benefits (Aspen Card)
  • You are unemployed and a dependent of a claimant on working tax credit

At enrolment, all students should upload one form of ID to their application account and provide their National Insurance Number on their online enrolment form.

Acceptable forms of personal ID are:

  • Passport
  • National Identity card
  • Residence Permit Card
  • Home office letter
  • Birth Certificate
  • Driving License
  • National Insurance card/letter
  • Adoption certificate
  • Benefit letter

How to enrol on a part-time course

  • You need to apply for your course online through our website. When you select the course you want to study, you will be asked to set up an online account, you only need to set this up once – make a note of your password. Once this is done you will be able to enrol onto other courses in the future so be sure to make a note of your username and password. You can read a guide to applying online here.
  • If you want to claim fee remission for your course you will be required to upload a copy of your benefit evidence (dated within the last 3 months) to your application portal. We will contact you to let you know how to do this. Again, our guide to applying online page will help you. If you are struggling with this, contact our friendly enrolment team on 0115 9100 100 or email, as a last resort you may come onto college campuses, however online is the best way to enrol so that we can ensure you stay safe during the Covid 19 pandemic.
  • If you are not eligible for any fee reductions, the full cost of the course should be paid.
Skip to main content