The government is funding these courses for adults aged 19+* who are looking to retrain or upskill.
We will need you to provide one piece of ID – the government needs to know that you really exist!
Examples of ID evidence we will accept
Here are examples of evidence of ID that we will accept. Just take a photo of it and upload it to your account when you enrol:
- National Identity card
- Residence Permit card
- Home Office letter
- Birth Certificate
- Driving Licence
- National Insurance card/letter
- Adoption certificate
- Benefit letter
Other evidence you need to provide
If you are currently unemployed, we will also require you to provide a photo of your current benefit. This should be dated within 3 months of the date you are enrolling.
Examples of benefits are listed below:
- Income based Job Seekers Allowance
- Employment Support Allowance
- Universal Credit
- Income Support
- If you are a joint claimant of one of the above benefits
- Housing Benefit
- Council Tax Benefit (not the Single Person Discount)
- Pension Guarantee Credit
- Disability Living Allowance/Personal Independence Payment
- Dependant of individuals in receipt of the above (up to the age of 20)
- Asylum Seekers on means tested benefits (Aspen Card)
- You are unemployed and a dependent of a claimant on working tax credit
- Job seekers, Universal credit You must provide a letter dated within 3 months from the Job Centre/Benefits Agency confirming your benefit.
If you are working, we will need you to upload a photograph of your last 2 months wage slips, or 8 weekly wage slips.
If you do need any help with your application, just contact our friendly enrolment team.
You can call them on 0115 9 100 100 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
*If you are a 19-23 year old without a prior Level 2 qualification these courses will not be funded, please contact the enquiries team to discuss all available options for you.