Please note this information is for courses starting before 31 August 2022. The criteria may change for courses starting after this date.
The government is funding these courses for adults aged 19+* who are looking to retrain or upskill.
We will need you to provide one piece of ID – the government needs to know that you really exist!
Examples of ID evidence we will accept
Here are examples of evidence of ID that we will accept. Just take a photo of it and upload it to your account when you enrol:
- National Identity card
- Residence Permit card
- Home Office letter
- Birth Certificate
- Driving Licence
- National Insurance card/letter
- Adoption certificate
- Benefit letter
Other evidence you need to provide
If you are currently unemployed, we will also require you to provide a photo of your current benefit. This should be dated within 3 months of the date you are enrolling.
Examples of benefits are listed below:
- Income based Job Seekers Allowance
- Employment Support Allowance
- Universal Credit
- Income Support
- If you are a joint claimant of one of the above benefits
- Housing Benefit
- Council Tax Benefit (not the Single Person Discount)
- Pension Guarantee Credit
- Disability Living Allowance/Personal Independence Payment
- Dependant of individuals in receipt of the above (up to the age of 20)
- Asylum Seekers on means tested benefits (Aspen Card)
- You are unemployed and a dependent of a claimant on working tax credit
- Job seekers, Universal credit You must provide a letter dated within 3 months from the Job Centre/Benefits Agency confirming your benefit.
If you are working, we will need you to upload a photograph of your last 2 months wage slips, or 8 weekly wage slips.
If you do need any help with your application, just contact our friendly enrolment team.
You can call them on 0115 9 100 100 or email email@example.com.
*If you are a 19 – 23 year old without a prior Level 2 qualification these courses will not be funded, please contact the enquiries team to discuss all available options for you.