Some things will be the same wherever you go, out and about on campus.
- You’ll find hand sanitising stations in all campuses, as you enter through the reception area and throughout communal areas and corridors
- We’ve increased cleaning rotas at all our sites which means our cleaners will be cleaning all areas more often. Don’t forget to say hello and perhaps thank you every now and then – they are working hard for your safety
- There will be anti-bacterial wipes in all computer rooms so that you can clean down desk and computer spaces before and after use
- Perspex screens will be in place across all campuses where social distancing may be difficult to implement
- There will be a one-way system in place at all campuses wherever it is required
- Areas across campuses will be zoned for student groups and course cohorts
- Toilet facilities will be limited to one person at a time.
When you start with us we’ll give you an orientation tour so that you understand how things work. All colleges, schools and universities will be doing similar things so hopefully nothing will feel totally strange to you.
The current guidelines outlined by the Government states wearing face coverings is currently not mandatory in an education setting (unless where local restrictions are already in place). Wearing a face covering in the classroom is not required but all students will be required to do so in communal areas such as refectories and common rooms. In addition, some settings within college such as exams will also require you to wear a face covering. This is as an added precaution where social distancing is not possible or difficult to maintain in certain environments.
The College respects that there are certain circumstances, for health, age or equality reasons, where people are not expected to wear face coverings. You can find further information around exemptions on the GOV.UK website.
Please be mindful and respectful of such circumstances, noting that some people are exempt from wearing face coverings, and that the reasons for this may not be visible to others.