Nottingham College has an excellent reputation for both sport and academic achievement.
We have a range of Sport Academies, with a wealth of experienced staff who support and coach promising young athletes.
Any of our students who are enrolled on a full-time course can join one of our Sport Academies*. Any student under the age of 19 can represent the College in national competitions and students over the age of 19 are welcome to train with the squads, but won’t be able to take part in any competitions. Students who are on a Nottingham Trent University validated higher education course, are eligible to compete and train with NTU sport teams in British Universities & Colleges Sport BUCS competitions.
The Sport Academies are designed to fit around your academic studies, although your playing time will be determined by your other College commitments.
Being part of one of one of our Sport Academies means that you can expect:
- 4-6 hours per week of training and fixtures
- First class coaching with dedicated and experienced staff
- Regular fixtures and cup competitions
- Opportunities to gain internationally recognised coaching qualifications to levels 1, 2 and 3
- Sports massage and sports therapy support
- Nutrition and fitness programmes (strength and conditioning, core stability)
- Full-time academic study programme in a wide range of subjects with potential work placements at regional professional sports clubs
- USA University sports scholarships opportunities
- Opportunities to coach at schools and clubs in the local community
- Tutor support
Read more about our Sport Academies below, or if you’re interested in joining please email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone on 0115 912 5502 ext 7976.