The International Office will assist all new students in finding accommodation. For students under the age of 18 it is compulsory to live in Homestay. Please see our Homestay Guide for International Students Under 18 for more information. Homestay includes heating and electricity costs and reasonable internet use.
Students aged 18 and over can choose to live in self-catering student accommodation or share a house with other students. Our Accommodation Guide for International Students Over 18 provides details on the different choices available to book through the International Office. Student accommodation is either en-suite rooms with shared kitchen (heating, electricity and internet included) or studio rooms with private en-suite shower room and private fitted kitchen.
Bedding packs and kitchen utensils are usually available at an extra charge.
To book your accommodation please complete the relevant Booking Form and return to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Accommodation Fees 2018/19
|Type of Accommodation||Board Basis||Fees|
|Type of Accommodation: Homestay||Board Basis: Bed, breakfast and evening meal with lunch at weekends||Fees: £135 per week plus £250 deposit|
|Type of Accommodation: Student Accommodation:||Board Basis: Self-catering (room only)||Fees: £120 to £155 per week based on a 44-week contract plus £250 deposit|
Other things you may need to pay for include:
- Cost of course books (approximately £20 - £30 per book; usually 1 book per class).
- General living expenses - in addition to your accommodation fees you will need money to cover the cost of things such as food, travel and other day-to-day expenses such as mobile phone bills. If your accommodation fees do not include heating and electricity then you will also need extra money to cover the cost of these things (Please note these are included in the fees for Homestay and student halls of residence accommodation, but are not usually included for private rented accommodation). To obtain a Tier 4 General Student Visa you will need to show you have at least £1,015 per month for 9 months (£9,135 in total), in addition to your course fees to cover living expenses.
Shared Student Houses
A number of shared student houses are available in the Nottingham area for those who are aged over 18 and prefer to live independently. The International Office can provide a list of reputable letting agents and landlords to help you find accommodation to suit your needs.
If you intend to choose this type of accommodation we recommend that you arrange to stay in a local hotel for your first few days to enable you to visit and look at possible houses so you can choose one you like. The International Office can provide a list of local hotels.
Please note: students choosing to live in this type of accommodation will have to sign a legal tenancy agreement with a private landlord. This arrangement is between the student and the landlord. The college does not accept any responsibility for any disputes that might arise, although we will do our best to help our students to resolve any problems that might occur.
- Accommodation Request Form
(pdf 75.68 KB)
- Accommodation Application Form Over 18
(pdf 364.71 KB)
- Accommodation Application Form Under 18
(pdf 364.46 KB)
- Accommodation Homestay Guide Under 18 2017
(pdf 950.27 KB)
- Accommodation Guide Over 18 September 2017 V4
(pdf 1.37 MB)
- Over 18 Medical Consent Form
(pdf 39.49 KB)
- Under 18 Medical Social Activity Consent Forms
(pdf 45.44 KB)
- Airport Transfer Request Form September 2017
(pdf 232.03 KB)