It looks like you have JavaScript turned off

Pretty much everything should work. But you may find some components look slightly off as a result. You can find out what JavaScript is here. If you don't have JavaScript turned off, or if something doesn't work that you think should do, please get in touch.


A lady using a laptop, laying on her front with book scattered across a bed

The International Office will assist all new students in finding accommodation. For students under the age of 18 it is compulsory to live in Homestay. Please see our Homestay Guide for International Students Under 18 for more information. Homestay includes heating and electricity costs and reasonable internet use.

Students aged 18 and over can choose to live in self-catering student accommodation or share a house with other students. Our Accommodation Guide for International Students Over 18 provides details on the different choices available to book through the International Office. Student accommodation is either en-suite rooms with shared kitchen (heating, electricity and internet included) or studio rooms with private en-suite shower room and private fitted kitchen.

Bedding packs and kitchen utensils are usually available at an extra charge.

To book your accommodation please complete the relevant Booking Form and return to

Accommodation Fees 2019/2020

Type of Accommodation Board Basis Fees
Type of Accommodation: Homestay Board Basis: Bed, breakfast and evening meal with lunch at weekends Fees: £135 per week plus £250 deposit
Type of Accommodation: Student Accommodation: Board Basis: Self-catering (room only) Fees: £125 to £170 per week based on a 44-week contract plus £250 deposit

Other things you may need to pay for include:

  • Cost of course books (approximately £20 - £30 per book; usually 1 book per class).
  • General living expenses - in addition to your accommodation fees you will need money to cover the cost of things such as food, travel and other day-to-day expenses such as mobile phone bills. If your accommodation fees do not include heating and electricity then you will also need extra money to cover the cost of these things (Please note these are included in the fees for Homestay and student halls of residence accommodation, but are not usually included for private rented accommodation). To obtain a Tier 4 General Student Visa you will need to show you have at least £1,015 per month for 9 months (£9,135 in total), in addition to your course fees to cover living expenses.

Shared Student Houses

A number of shared student houses are available in the Nottingham area for those who are aged over 18 and prefer to live independently. The International Office can provide a list of reputable letting agents and landlords to help you find accommodation to suit your needs.

If you intend to choose this type of accommodation we recommend that you arrange to stay in a local hotel for your first few days to enable you to visit and look at possible houses so you can choose one you like. The International Office can provide a list of local hotels.

Please note: students choosing to live in this type of accommodation will have to sign a legal tenancy agreement with a private landlord. This arrangement is between the student and the landlord. The college does not accept any responsibility for any disputes that might arise, although we will do our best to help our students to resolve any problems that might occur.

Useful Documents