Many of you are thinking about how life as a Nottingham College university level student will be from September – here’s why we can be confident to support in ways others may not be able to. — Read our statement
If you are going through clearing it’s important not to panic. There are a wealth of options available for university level study, and a Higher Education course at Nottingham College is one of them.
When it comes to choosing where to go to university there are lots of choices.
For some, the idea of moving cities and entering a large university can be daunting and expensive. Many students are now opting to reap the benefits of staying local, choosing to study for a university qualification in a college environment.
Here are a few reasons why you should come to Nottingham College to study:
- Nottingham College has the highest student satisfaction rate of colleges in the East Midlands (2018/19 National Student Survey)
- You’ll save money by staying local
- Being close to family and friends can make the transition easier and provides extra support
- Lower tuition fees
- Smaller class sizes
- It’s a supportive environment with one to one support.
- 94% of HE students were in employment or further study within 15 months of finishing their course. Half of those surveyed were employed in higher skilled occupations (Graduate Outcomes Survey).
Join us in September
If you are still looking to secure a place to start in 2020, we advise you to take a look through our current courses. If you would then like to apply for a course (or you need further advice or support), please get in touch with our friendly HE team via these channels:
- Call us on our Clearing hotline on 0115 838 0610
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Book onto one of our virtual Q&A sessions (coming soon)
If you would like to start a full-time university-level course this year, but haven't applied yet, or haven't got the grades you were expecting, Clearing is for you.
Clearing is the way we fill any available places we still have on our courses. It runs from early July to the end of October and is traditionally centred around A Level results day.
You can use Clearing if you miss the UCAS application deadline (end of June), you haven’t had any offers, you declined all your offers, or you don’t meet the conditions of your offers. You can find out more about it on the UCAS website.
As soon as you have your results! If you're a BTEC or Access student with results, then why wait? Get a head start and contact us early.
You’ll know you are eligible for Clearing if your UCAS Track status says ‘You are in Clearing’ or ‘Clearing has started’.
Check out the list of available courses, then get in touch with us as soon as you know your results to see if we have a place for you. Our friendly University Centre staff will ask a few questions and guide you through the process.
If you're looking for a part-time option, you can apply any time directly to us.
Do you have questions about HE study at Nottingham College? We will be updating this section soon with a series of virtual Q&A events where you will be able to chat with a tutor and have your questions answered.
Don’t miss out on your place at Nottingham College this September – get in touch as soon as you have your results!