With places still available through clearing on our range of university-level courses, there’s never been a better time to retrain for a new career, up-skill to be more competitive in the job market or have a change of industry!
When it comes to choosing where to go to university, there are lots of choices and a Higher Education course at Nottingham College is a fantastic one! We have an amazing range of courses including Forensic Science, Photography, Sport, Business and many more.
Many students are now opting to reap the benefits of staying local; choosing to study for a university qualification in a college environment that offers flexibility, a friendly and supportive environment and great value for money.
HND and HNC courses
University level study doesn’t just mean full-time degrees! Did you know we offer a range of part-time flexible courses at level 4 and above that are designed to help you up-skill, retrain or enhance your career prospects?
From Business and Accounts to Teacher training, Computing, Early Years, Hospitality, Sport and much more — we have plenty to choose from.
Here are a few reasons why you should come to Nottingham College to study
- 94% of HE students were in employment or further study within 15 months of finishing their course. Half of those surveyed were employed in higher skilled occupations (Graduate Outcomes Survey).
- You’ll save money by staying local
- Being close to family and friends can make the transition easier and provides extra support
- Lower tuition fees
- Smaller class sizes
- It’s a supportive environment with more one-to-one support
Industry Standard Facilities that rival universities!
- A brand new £1.2m science and innovation centre will open in September 2022, offering purpose-built higher level technical facilities for students studying in the fields of biology, chemistry, forensics, pharmaceuticals and dental technologies.
- A suite of brand new industrial grade machinery and equipment, including a bench-top NMR scanner, a high performance liquid chromatogram, UV, IR and Mass spectrometers, and for Forensic Science, bespoke ‘crime scene houses’, a blood spatter room and state-of-the-art finger print analysis equipment, have been made possible thanks to a grant from the Office for Students of over £1m.
This is a huge investment in science-related facilities and resources and ensures our science students have access to the very best, industry-leading equipment and tools available.
Our performing arts courses boast some of the best facilities of any performing arts degree provider in the country!
Our 200 capacity theatre built in 2019 is our showpiece but it’s the sprung floor dance studios, rehearsal rooms and intimate performance spaces that enhance our offer to our performing arts students.
Our show season attracts audiences from across the city and beyond and our rolling programme of visits and performance workshops from some of the industry’s most prominent and talented artists means our students get lots of hands-on training and a unique insight into the varying career pathways in performing arts.
Our brand new Digital Media Centre is set to open at our City Hub later this year and will be packed full of industry standard equipment, future ready technology and facilities to help you get the hands-on experience you need.
- A four camera 4.6k broadcast studio
- Black Magic URSA Broadcast cameras
- Audio/podcasting studio
- Live streaming
- Network Device Interface (NDI) – allowing multiple video systems to deliver and receive content from each other.
If you are looking to secure a place to start in 2022 our Clearing Hotline is open and there’s lots of ways to get in touch!
- Take a look through our current courses
- Get in touch with our friendly HE team
- Call 0115 838 0610
- Get in touch via email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Give us your details and we’ll be in touch:
If you would like to start a full-time university-level course this year, but haven't applied yet, or haven't got the grades you were expecting, Clearing is for you.
Clearing is the way we fill any available places we still have on our courses. It runs from early July to the end of October and is traditionally centred around A Level results day.
You can use Clearing if you miss the UCAS application deadline (end of June), you haven’t had any offers, you declined all your offers, or you don’t meet the conditions of your offers. You can find out more about it on the UCAS website.
As soon as you have your results! If you're a BTEC or Access student with results, then why wait? Get a head start and contact us early.
You’ll know you are eligible for Clearing if your UCAS Track status says ‘You are in Clearing’ or ‘Clearing has started’.
Check out the list of available courses, then get in touch with us as soon as you know your results to see if we have a place for you. Our friendly University Centre staff will ask a few questions and guide you through the process.
If you're looking for a part-time option, you can apply any time directly to us.
Don’t miss out on your place at Nottingham College – get in touch with us today!
Not sure what you want to study? Our experienced Higher Education team are on hand to answer any questions you may have about our courses or studying at the College, please fill out the form below and they will be in touch to go through your options and answer any questions you may have: