A Levels are a great way to prepare for university-level study and we are here to guide you along the way. We will help you towards achieving the grades you need and choosing the university or institution that’s right for you.
Our Sixth Form is based at our High Pavement campus on Chaucer Street in Nottingham City Centre. It is fully equipped with everything you need to succeed in your studies – a dedicated team of lecturers, well equipped classrooms, great facilities and strong links with our neighbour, Nottingham Trent University.
High Pavement is a mature and inspiring environment, where you’ll meet loads of fellow students who’ve also chosen A Levels. So, you’ll find you have lots of support and the opportunity to make new friends. If you’d like to study in the city, in a supportive environment with excellent links to universities locally and nationally, High Pavement is the place for you.
You’ll be able to work and complete research in our fantastic Library. You’ll also meet with your tutor regularly to see how you’re progressing and to help keep your studies well on track.
To study A Levels at High Pavement, you’ll need at least 5 GCSEs at grades 9-4 (A*-C), although some courses do require at least a grade 6/B in specific subjects. You can find out more about entry requirements for specific courses on each course page.
3 x A Levels
This route is best suited to students who have 5 or more GCSE grades 9-4 (including English Language and Maths).
Across the 2 years, you would study 3 full A Levels.
You can choose to study Core Maths or the Extended Project alongside the 3 A Levels.
4 x A Levels
This route is available to students who have a minimum of 6 GCSEs grade 9-6 (including English Language and Maths).
You would need to discuss the course requirements with college management, and agree a Programme of Study designed to enable you to progress to the Higher Education course of your choice. There may be the option to take AS exams in one of your subjects, and continue with 3 A Levels in the second year.
1 year Intensive A Level Programme:
You will need:
- One full A Level at grade C or above
- Five or more GCSEs at grade 4/C or above including English Language and Maths
- To meet all subject specific entry requirements
- To complete a successful interview
Applicants with predicted GCSE grades 1 or 2 points below the entry requirement for an A Level:
If your predicted grades do not meet the entry requirements for either 1 or 2 of your chosen A Level subject choices, don’t worry we will still make you a conditional offer. We advise that you think about a second choice of course as a back-up plan. You can meet with us for a supportive, friendly and impartial discussion to look at other courses that Nottingham College has to offer.
Applicants who choose 4 subjects but only have the entry requirements to study 3:
If your predicted grades do not meet the entry requirements to study 4 A Level subjects, don’t worry we will still make you a conditional offer for all 4. At your ‘Get Ready for College’ day you will undertake tasters in your subjects and at this point you can discuss your options with subject staff at the event, to help you finalise your subject choices. Final A Level choices however will be made at enrolment in August when your GCSE results are confirmed.
For more information contact High Pavement Sixth Form admissions by telephone on 0115 9100 100 or email at email@example.com
There are a number of options for our students after studying A Levels with us. These include:
- Foundation Degrees
- Higher and Degree Apprenticeships
- Gap year
- We have more than 20 subjects available to study. With such a wide range, you have lots to choose from to find the right combination of A Levels for you.
- We’ve got a modern, purpose-built campus and fantastic facilities. But did you know that our Sixth Form's roots can be traced back to the original High Pavement Grammar School in 1788? We think it’s the perfect combination of academic history and forward thinking.
Part-time A Level study may be available:
- Places will be confirmed after all full-time student time tables are confirmed beginning of September
- Classes will be during the day, infilling into classes with full-time students
- You will need to apply online, ensuring that all qualifications and subject(s) you would like to study are included on the application form
- Admissions will contact you once place availability is confirmed in September
- If you are aged 19+ and this is not your first Level 3 or you are aged 24+ you will be required to pay however, you may apply for an Advanced Learner Loan.
Petru liked the wide choice of subjects available, and the city centre location of High Pavement Sixth Form.
Theo did a three-hour round trip each day to attend High Pavement Sixth Form!