A Levels are a great way to prepare for university-level study and we are here to guide you along the way. We will help you towards achieving the grades you need and choosing the university or institution that’s right for you.
Our Sixth Form Centre is based at our High Pavement campus on Chaucer Street in Nottingham City Centre. It is fully equipped with everything you need to succeed in your studies – a dedicated team of lecturers, well equipped classrooms, great facilities and strong links with our neighbour, Nottingham Trent University.
High Pavement is a mature and inspiring environment, where you’ll meet loads of fellow students who’ve also chosen A Levels. So, you’ll find you have lots of support and the opportunity to make new friends. If you’d like to study in the city, in a supportive environment with excellent links to universities locally and nationally, High Pavement is the place for you.
You’ll be able to work and complete research in our fantastic Library. You’ll also meet with your tutor regularly to see how you’re progressing and to help keep your studies well on track.
To study A Levels at High Pavement, you’ll need at least 5 GCSE’s at grades 9-4 (A*-C), although some courses do require at least a grade 6/B in specific subjects. You can find specific entry requirements for all courses on our course pages.
To study 4 x AS subjects then 3 x A Levels:
This route is best suited to students who have 6 or more GCSEs grade 9-6 (including English Language and Maths).
In year 1, you would study 4 AS subjects of your choice. In year 2, you will continue 3 onto the full A Level.
To study 3 x A Levels:
This route is best suited to students who have 5 or more GCSE grades 9-4 (including English Language and Maths).
Across the 2 years, you would study 3 full A Levels. You can choose to study Core Maths or the Extended Project alongside the 3 A Levels.
There are a number of options for our students after studying A Levels with us. These include:
- Foundation Degrees
- Higher and Degree Apprenticeships
- Gap Year
- We have over 25 subjects available to study.
- The original High Pavement Grammar School was established in 1788 and it wasn’t until 1975 that it turned from grammar school into a sixth form centre.
Part Time A Level study may be available:
- Places will be confirmed after all full time student time tables are confirmed beginning of September
- Classes will be during the day, in-filling into classes with full-time students
- You will need to apply online ensuring that all qualifications and subject(s) you would like to study are included on the application form
- Admissions will contact you once place availability is confirmed in September
- If you are aged 19+ and this is not your first Level 3 or you are aged 24+ you will be required to pay however, you may apply for an Advanced Learner Loan.