About Nottingham College
- Nottingham College runs full-time courses for school leavers 16+, higher education courses for students 18+ and part-time courses for adults and local business
- The College also offers Apprenticeships in many sectors
- The College enrols around 8,000 full-time and 20,000 part-time students each year
- The College currently operates on 12 sites across the City
- The College employs around 1,500 full-time staff
- The College CEO is John Van De Laarschot
- The main College telephone number is 0115 9 100 100
- Nottingham College is classed as the ‘Data Controller’ for the information it collects. We are responsible for the personal data that you provide to us. We have strict policies and processes in place to ensure that it remains safe whilst in our possession. You can read more about how we process your data further down.
- Under the current Data Protection Legislation, you have the right to request a record of all your personal data that is held by the College (this is called a Data Subject Access Request), other rights include the:
- Right to be informed – about the collection and use of your data
- Right of access – to your personal data and supplementary information
- Right to rectification – the GDPR give you the right to have personal data rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete
- Right to erasure – to enable you to request the deletion or removal of personal data where there is no compelling reason for its continued processing
- Right to restrict processing – you have the right to block or supress processing of your personal data
- Right to data portability – this allows you to obtain and re-use your personal data for your own purposes across different services
- Right to object – to processing on legitmate interests or the performance of a task in the public interest, direct marketing, processing for purposes of scientific/historical research and statistics
- Rights related to automated decision making including profiling – solely by automated means and without human involvement
- If you would wish to make a Data Subject Access Request or contact our Data Protection Officer, you can contact them by email firstname.lastname@example.org, by telephone 0115 9 100 100 or by post to Data Protection Officer, Nottingham College, Science Park, Jesse Boot Avenue, Nottingham NG7 2RU.
- You will not receive any marketing emails from us unless you have opted-in to receive these. You can withdraw your consent at any time or change the way we contact you, for example, by email, post, telephone or SMS, by emailing email@example.com or calling us on 0115 9 100 100.
- Once you have given us your details, either electronically or on paper, we will input and keep your data on secure servers, which may be physical or cloud based within the EEA and the paper copy kept in secure storage for a specified period of time before it is disposed of.
- We will only ask you for personal information that we need, either to provide you with accurate and relevant information or for statutory or contractual requirements. Your data will only be available to be viewed or processed by authorised personnel.
- Personal information processed by the college may be passed to the Education and Skills Funding Agency (ESFA). The ESFA is responsible for the funding and planning of education and training for young people and adults in England, and is registered with the ICO. The ESFA also administers the Learner Records Service (LRS) which will use your information to create and maintain a unique learner number (ULN). You can read more about the LRS here: https://www.gov.uk/education/learning-records-service-lrs
- The information provided may also be shared with other organisations for the purpose of administration, careers and other guidance, statistical and research purposes or to meet system requirements. Other organisations with which we will share information include, the Department for Children, Schools and Families, Department for Innovation, Universities and Skills, Nottingham Futures (formerly Connexions), Student Loans Company, Higher Education Statistics Agency, Higher Education Funding Council for England, educational institutions and organisations performing research and statistical work on behalf of the ESFA or its partners.
- If you apply for an apprenticeship using our apprenticeship vacancy portal, your details may be shared with potential employers and associated organisations.
- These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our site.
- These are anonymous cookies which do not store any personal information other than IP address.
- Social cookies are used to help tailor your user experience.
- On some pages there is the option to share the page with social media sites such as Facebook, Twitter and Google Plus.
- These cookies are only used if the visitor chooses to share the page by clicking on the links.
- On some pages of our website we have embedded YouTube videos from our dedicated YouTube channel.
- If you choose to view these videos, YouTube may place additional cookies to track video activity.
- On an ad-hoc basis we may record a sample of website sessions to help better understand how users interact with certain areas of the Nottingham College website.
- These recorded sessions will show the pages visited, interactions like scrolling, button clicks and any actions performed during the session.
- Where possible, any personally identifiable information is obfuscated or blanked on the recordings when received through Hotjar to protect user privacy.
- In addition to recordings, we may also use the surveys/polls features of Hotjar to obtain user feedback about certain elements or areas of our website.
We use Remarketing with Google Ads, Facebook and Twitter to advertise online and make ads more relevant. If the user has accepted our cookie consent banner message, this acts as consent mechanism to enable remarketing/advertising features for these services.
- Nottingham College Data Protection Policy
- Nottingham College Data Breach Management Procedure
- Nottingham College Information Security Policy (awaiting policy)
- Nottingham College Freedom of Information Policy
- Nottingham College Retention and Disposal Policy (awaiting policy)
- Public Register of Data Controllers (Nottingham College’s registration number is Z700805X)
- Learning Records Service code of practice for the sharing of personal information
- Department for Work and Pensions Personal Information Charter
- Department for Education
- Government ILR Specification appendix F
If you would to make a complaint about the way your data has been handled by Nottingham College you can contact the Data Protection Officer by email firstname.lastname@example.org, by telephone 0115 9 100 100 or by post to Data Protection Officer, Nottingham College, Science Park, Jesse Boot Avenue, Nottingham NG7 2RU
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, such as the ICO.
If you would like to make a Freedom of Information Request, please email email@example.com. Please note there may be a charge for this service.
Easy read versions of all documents are available on request.