It looks like you have JavaScript turned off

Pretty much everything should work. But you may find some components look slightly off as a result. You can find out what JavaScript is here. If you don't have JavaScript turned off, or if something doesn't work that you think should do, please get in touch.

Covid guidance in place to support students returning to college. — Read our latest Covid guidance

EU Settlement Scheme

All you need to know about applying for EU Settled Status

To live and study in the UK, you need to apply for EU Settled Status, or Pre-Settled Status, if you are an EU/EEA or Swiss national.

Following the UK’s departure from the EU, new rules now apply to EU citizens studying in the UK. To become a student of Nottingham College, you will need to have obtained EU settled status or pre-settled status. The deadline for applications is 30th June 2021.

What does this mean?

The EU Settlement Scheme allows you and your family members to get the immigration status you need to continue to live, work and study in the UK. It means that when it comes time to enrol or re-enrol with us this July and August, you should have all the documents you need to enrol successfully.

Who needs to apply?

If you are an EU, EEA or Swiss citizen, resident in the UK by 31 December 2020, you and your family need to apply to the EU Settlement Scheme to continue living, and studying, in the UK.

The only people who do not need to apply for the EU Settlement Scheme are those who have indefinite leave to enter the UK, indefinite leave to remain in the UK or have British or Irish citizenship including ‘dual citizenship’.

How to apply?

You need to complete a short 3-step online application form using a computer, tablet or mobile phone. Once you have made an application for yourself, this can be linked to your family member’s application, using your unique applicant number.

It is free to apply to the EU Settlement Scheme.

Application guidance can be found at

What if I miss the deadline or don’t apply?

The EU Settlement Scheme has an application deadline of 30th June 2021, meaning that anyone who misses the cut-off to apply successfully for a post-Brexit status may not be permitted to live, work or study in the UK. You may not be able to continue with your course here with us or if you are an applicant, you may not be able to enrol.

Where can I go for help?

For advice and support, you can contact the Nottingham Law Centre via or find more information at

You can also download the Government’s guide here.

Skip to main content