Did you know that you may be eligible for financial support towards the cost of attending college?
If you are 16-18 and your household income is below £30,000* NET, we may be able to help you with funding towards the cost of travel to College (you will need to live more than 1.5 miles away from your college campus), equipment and childcare.
*This can increase by £1,000 for each additional dependent child you have aged under 20 living in your home.
How to apply
Applying for Student Finance
- Log into your College account (using the same username and password details when you applied for a course). If you can’t remember your login details you can recover your account details.
- Look for the “Apply for Student Finance” button on your account dashboard once you’ve logged in and use this button to apply. The application portal will be available from mid-July.
- We will ask you to complete a series of questions using drop down answer options regarding your household situation, and support needs such as travel or childcare costs you will be ask to agree to the terms and conditions, please read these carefully.
- You will be asked to upload your household income evidence. Please read through our guide Student Finance Income Evidence to find out which evidence you will need to upload when you apply for Student Finance. We have included images for each scenario so you can visually see what we need to look at to assess your application. The address on the Income Evidence you provide must match your home address on your student records. If you are claiming Universal Credit, you can view our guide to Universal Credit Evidence to ensure you are uploading the correct evidence. Please have your evidence ready before you start your application, although you can save and go back in to complete your application later if you need to you.
- Once you have reviewed and checked everything click complete and your application will be submitted to us.
- We will then contact you via the e mail address that is registered to your account.
If you haven’t created an account to apply for a course yet, the student finance application section steps above can be completed at the same time that you create your account and apply for a course.
After submitting your application form
- Please ensure you have submitted the correct evidence to avoid any delays to the processing.
- Before we can process your application you will need to be fully enrolled.
- Forms will be assessed in date received order subject to funding.
After your application has been processed
- Once your application has been processed, you will be contacted regarding the outcome on what support will be provided should your application be successful. You will need to keep your email and contact numbers up to date as our preferred option of communication will be email and text.
Free School Meals
If you received Free School Meals at school, you may be entitled to them at college.
Funding may be available for your children to have a place at one of our nurseries.