Did you know that you may be eligible for financial support towards the cost of attending college?
If your household income is below £25,000* NET, we may be able to help you with funding towards the cost of travel to College (you will need to live more than 1.5 miles away from your college campus), equipment and childcare. Check out our Guide to Student Finance here
*This can increase by £1,000 for each additional dependent child you have aged under 20 living in your home. This will be capped at £3,000 (3 additional dependents).
How to apply
- Apply for Student Finance
- The application process is not yet open. However, in the meantime if you can start to get your household income documents ready in preparation this will be helpful. As soon as the application window is open the website will be updated.
- Please see our Guide to Student Finance which will explain the evidence we require.
- Submit your application form
- It will take up to 19 working days to process your application. During busy periods this may take longer, particularly at the start of the academic year. As childcare applications are more complicated these may take up to 22 working days.
- Please ensure you have submitted the correct evidence to avoid any delays to the processing.
- Before we can process your application you will need to be fully enrolled.
- Forms will be assessed in date received order subject to funding.
- Application processed
- Once your application has been processed, you will be contacted regarding the outcome on what support will be provided should your application be successful. You will need to keep your email and contact numbers up to date as our preferred option of communication will be email and text.
Free School Meals
If you received Free School Meals at school, you may be entitled to them at college. Please see our Guide to Student Finance for more information about the eligibility criteria.
Funding may be available for your children to have a place at one of our nurseries.