Did you know that you may be eligible for financial support towards the cost of attending college?
If your household income is below £25,000* NET, we may be able to help you with funding towards the cost of travel to College (you will need to live more than 1.5 miles away from your college campus), equipment and childcare. Check out our Guide to Student Finance.
*This can increase by £1,000 for each additional dependent child you have aged under 20 living in your home. This will be capped at £3,000 (3 additional dependents).
How to apply
Applying for Student Finance
- Log into your College account (using the same username and password details when you applied for a course). You should have also received a “Getting Ready for College” email from us that reminds you of your username for your account. If you can’t remember your login details you can recover your account details.
- Look for the “Apply for Student Finance” button on your account dashboard once you’ve logged in and use this button to apply
- We will ask you to complete a series of questions using drop down answer options regarding your household situation, and support needs such as travel or childcare costs you will be ask to agree to the terms and conditions, please read these carefully.
- You will be asked to upload your household income evidence - so have this at the ready before you start your application, although you can save and go back in to complete your application later if you need to you. You can also use our Guide to Student Finance which explains the evidence we require for this step in more detail.
- Once you have reviewed and checked everything click complete and your application will be submitted to us.
- We will then contact you via the e mail address that is registered to your account.
If you haven’t created an account to apply for a course yet, the student finance application section steps above can be completed at the same time that you create your account and apply for a course.
After submitting your application form
- It will take up to 19 working days to process your application. During busy periods this may take longer, particularly at the start of the academic year. As childcare applications are more complicated these may take up to 22 working days.
- Please ensure you have submitted the correct evidence to avoid any delays to the processing.
- Before we can process your application you will need to be fully enrolled.
- Forms will be assessed in date received order subject to funding.
After your application has been processed
- Once your application has been processed, you will be contacted regarding the outcome on what support will be provided should your application be successful. You will need to keep your email and contact numbers up to date as our preferred option of communication will be email and text.
Free School Meals
If you received Free School Meals at school, you may be entitled to them at college. Please see our Guide to Student Finance for more information about the eligibility criteria.
Funding may be available for your children to have a place at one of our nurseries.