Production Chef — Intermediate Apprenticeship (Level 2)
Production chefs work as part of a team in time-bound and often challenging kitchen environments, for example: schools, hospitals, the Armed Forces, care homes and high street casual dining or pub kitchens.
They report to the Senior Production chef or appropriate line manager. Production chefs are likely to work with centrally developed standardised recipes and menus, producing food often in high volumes. They apply highly methodical organisational skills, energy, accuracy, attention to detail and are mindful of the importance of sustainability and protecting the environment.
- Maintain excellent standards of personal, food and kitchen hygiene
- Ensure compliance to procedures, menu specifications and recipes
- Produce food meeting portion controls, and budgetary constraints
- Adapting and produce dishes to meet special dietary, religious and allergenic requirements
- Follow, complete and maintain production schedules, legislative and quality standard documentation
- Use specialist kitchen equipment
- Communicate internally and externally with customers and colleagues
- Commit to personal development activities
How to enrol onto this apprenticeship
You can register your interest in an Apprenticeship by emailing your CV to email@example.com.
Want to find out more first?
Call the Business Engagement Team on 0115 945 7260Download a guide Browse careers Get in touch
Vacancy Post:Vegan Production Chef Apprentice
(Closing date: 14/05/2023)
Employer/Location:The Sustainable Kitchen
Vacancy Post:Production Chef Apprentice
(Closing date: 24/04/2023)
Employer/Location:PLUMTREE RESTAURANTS LTD
Salary:£7,503.60 to £14,820.00 (Annually)
|Study location||City Hub 111 Canal Street, Nottingham, NG1 7HB|
Production Chef - Level 2 Standard
Adults who are aged 19+ with appropriate industry experience but without the necessary qualifications are welcome to apply.
All applicants will be required to undertake an assessment in English and maths prior to enrolling.
|Teaching & assessment||
You will develop an electronic portfolio of evidence against the requirements of the qualification. Evidence can be generated by observation of your workplace, witness testimonies, case studies or personal accounts of events. Online tests may be used to confirm your knowledge and understanding as well as an End Point Assessment.