Refunds will only be issued in the following circumstances:
- If the College cancels your course
- If you have been overcharged
Full and part-time fully-funded programme:
- The College will consider exceptional circumstances where a learner may receive a pro-rata refund
- The learner should apply in writing and provide supporting evidence
Full cost hobby and leisure and community provision
The college will consider exceptional circumstances where a learner may receive a pro-rata refund. The learner should apply in writing and provide supporting evidence.
Full cost/commercial recovery
Refunds are only likely to be agreed where courses do not meet sufficient numbers in order to be economically viable.
When a refund has been issued, you are responsible for cancelling any outstanding direct debit payments with your bank.
Refunds will be issued by:
- Cheque/BACs within 12 working days. - Debit card/credit card within 7 working days.
The above are subject to the relevant department receiving notification of the cancelled class or refund request.
Further information may be obtained:
- By phone – call 0115 9 100 100
- In person – at any Student Services reception