This is your college, so it’s important that we give you every opportunity to have your say and influence change.
There are a number of initiatives in place to ensure your voice is heard. They include:
- A Student Council that meets regularly to discuss and resolve issues affecting students both in and out of the classroom
- Class and campus representatives who join a virtual network to provide information about the experience of students on the ground. This could be everything from the food served in our canteens to the trips we arrange for you.
- Student surveys and feedback sessions – these take place throughout the year to make sure we stay on top of issues you care about
- Our student ambassador scheme aims to create a network of students who are passionate about their college and willing to help promote it in events and help out on trips and activities – a great CV booster
- Student Elections selecting your reps and student leaders to sit on the College’s Board of Governors and on the student council.
We also have a number of societies, led by students, to champion and advocate on social justice and other key issues. Our societies include our Green Society, our LGBTQ+ society and BAME society.