As you will be already aware, the summer exam schedule for students did not take place this year, and the College has been working closely with awarding bodies and government to understand how exam results and course grades will be awarded this year and when.
We understand that these unprecedented times are unsettling, and we want to keep you informed.
How and when can you get your results?
This year, you will get your results online via the E-ILP, (Electronic Individual Learning Plan) which you can access below. It is also available through the Nottingham College student mobile app, available on the Apple App Store for iOS and Google Play for Android devices.
|Qualification: AS and A Level grades||Date: Thursday 16th December 2021||Time: 8:00 AM|
|Qualification: GCSE English and Maths||Date: Thursday 13th January 2022||Time: 8:00 AM|
|Qualification: All other GCSEs||Date: Thursday 24th February 2022||Time: 8:00 AM|
Other exam results
Those following an adapted assessment will have a different timeline, dependent on students’ completion and verification dates.
Any remaining results are being followed up by our exams and curriculum teams, please speak to your tutor for clarification in the first instance. Alternatively, please complete the exam result enquiry form, found on the college website, link below
At results time, Ofqual will be providing information for students that sets out how grades were calculated this year and the options available if you believe your result was not properly produced, including access to appeal. The National Careers Service Exam Results Helpline (Call 0800 100 900 or Text your name and the word ADVICE to 07766 413219) offers advice each year for students who have not received the results they had hoped for.
Ofqual will also make a helpline available to students and their parents or carers to talk about the appeals process and any other questions they may have about their results this summer.
Awarding bodies will also likely provide information for students about results. We will be adding any further guidance from Awarding bodies to this page so please check back here if you have any further queries.
If you have a concern about a grade you have been awarded, you can ask us to:
- Check whether an error was made when submitting your centre assessment to the awarding body
- Raise a complaint if you feel you have evidence of bias or that you were discriminated against; you could also pass such evidence on to the awarding body who could investigate for potential malpractice
- Seek any information the awarding body holds in relation to how your final grade was calculated
- Provide information about the opportunity to take an exam in the autumn series or in summer 2022
If you are interested in resitting an exam, we offer a private exam entry service for a range of exams including GCSE, A Level, Functional Skills, AAT and more. For more information on this service and how to enquire about being entered for a resit, please see our private exam entry service page.
Although getting your results can be an exciting time, it can also cause a lot of stress. Our Achievement Coaches will be on hand to offer our students support if they need it when they get their results. They will also be there in the weeks that follow if needed. Our team of mental health first aiders are on standby to provide virtual drop-in support too.
Other useful resources
- The Wellbeing Hub on StudentNet has a whole range of resources you can use.
- Student Minds – the UK’s student mental health charity
- BBC Advice on studying and work – a really useful hub with lots of different resources
- Various support agencies including Kooth counselling can also be accessed through StudentNet.
We wish all our students the very best in the run up to exam results.