This course is perfect if you are wanting to acquire skills and knowledge to help develop and maintain a planned gardening project.
You will learn to:
- Develop the knowledge and understanding required to set up and maintain a planned gardening project.
- Enhance social, physical and emotional well-being through practical garden-based activity.
- Gain an awareness of the Employability relevance of gaining Gardening skills.
Over the course we will cover:
- Course Introduction. Getting to know your garden: Soil, Sun and Shade.
- Planning your garden: Zones and Tones.
- Learning how to plant: Tools and Techniques.
- Feeding and Watering: Composting and Collecting.
- Gardening for Wildlife and Well-Being.
- Pests and Disease: Prevention and Cure.
- Containers: Pots, Bags and Raised Bed.
- Keeping things Neat: Garden Hygiene.
- Portfolio: Completion and Handing – in.
- Feedback / Next steps and end-of-course celebration event.
You will be taking part in groupwork, individual achievement-recording tasks and practical gardening jobs both outdoors and indoors.
How to enrol onto this course
It is no longer possible to enrol on this course but we may be offering it again in the future. Please check back later.
Want to find out more first?
Get in touch by hitting the button below and filling out our enquiry form.Download a guide Adult learning Browse careers Get in touch
Course dates / times
We're currently finalising start dates for this course and more information will be available soon. To stay up to date with the latest course information register your details below and we’ll notify you when more information is available.
You must be aged 19+ and have a good standard of English as you will be required to complete a short workbook with the help of your tutor.
|Teaching & assessment||
Tutors will give regular verbal and written feedback. You will be required to complete an Individual Learning Plan (ILP) and encouraged to set your own personal targets as part of this course.
The course tutor can discuss appropriate opportunities for if you wish to further your learning in this subject area. Information will be made available about other course opportunities at Nottingham College
You will have the opportunity to access external Careers Guidance to aid your next steps.
A health questionnaire, risk assessment and health and safety checks will be addressed prior to beginning this course.
This course is geared towards an AUTUMN context, starting in September.