There are two ways to apply to Nottingham College - depending on which type of course you wish to study:
- Apply through the Universities and Colleges Admission Service (UCAS) – for full-time higher education courses
- Apply directly to Nottingham College – for part-time higher education courses or part-time professional courses
If you have any questions regarding the application process, please don’t hesitate to contact our HE team directly.
Applications for full-time higher education courses should be made through UCAS. You can apply online at www.ucas.com – click on ‘Apply’ to register and begin the application process.
UCAS charges a fee for your application. You’ll need a UCAS code for each course you apply for - this can be found within the details for each course.
UCAS has a number of advisory deadlines throughout the year, which we recommend you stick to in order to receive equal consideration. However, we do welcome applications throughout the year. The normal closing date for UCAS to receive applications is 15 January, but they will continue to take applications until 30 June each year.
You can contact UCAS on the following telephone numbers:
- UCAS Customer Service Unit: 0871 468 0 468
- From outside the UK: +44 871 468 0 468
- Text Relay Service (for UK callers with hearing difficulties): 18001 0871 468 0 468
Applications for part-time higher education and part-time professional courses should be made directly to Nottingham College using the application form.
You can also request an application form by contacting us or by calling 0115 9 100 100, or the HE team on 0115 838 0610.
Before completing your application, you should check whether you have or expect to gain, the necessary qualifications for entry.
The entry requirements for each course are detailed within each course listing. Some courses ask for a minimum number of UCAS tariff points and specify the particular courses the points must come from. Point scores can be calculated using the UCAS tariff table. For up-to-date information on the tariff, go to www.ucas.com or contact our HE team.
In all cases, experienced mature applicants with relevant professional experience and/or qualifications are welcome to apply.
If you do not meet the entry requirements for your chosen course, you may like to view information about our Access to Higher Education courses, or our Further Education courses. Please contact 0115 838 0610 if you need further information.
UCAS Extra can help you if you’re not holding an offer after using all of your five choices on your UCAS application.
It gives you the opportunity to apply for one additional course at a time. UCAS Extra, usually runs from February until the end of June each year. You can add UCAS Extra course choices through the UCAS Track facility.
Clearing begins in mid-July and lasts until mid-October each year. It is an opportunity for students not currently holding an offer, to secure a place on a full-time HE course where vacancies exist.
If you wish to apply for one of our courses during the Clearing period but have not yet applied through UCAS, or need to enquire about vacancies, please contact our HE team directly.
The institution code for Nottingham College is N30.
Follow these 10 simple steps to make the application process for a full-time higher education course as stress free as possible:
- Research and shortlist the courses you’re interested in - visit the Courses section of our website or visit UCAS
- Attend university and college open days
- Register early online with UCAS Apply
- Send your application to UCAS by the relevant deadline
- Apply for student finance support early - you don’t have to wait until you’re holding a firm offer from a college or university before applying for financial support
- Regularly check your emails for updates from UCAS about your application and reply to offers before the reply deadline
- Use UCAS Extra if you have no offers
- Make sure you are around in August to receive your results
- Have a plan for Clearing if your results aren’t what you expected
- Get in touch with the HE team if you have any queries about applying for a course here.