This course is ideal if you want to develop the knowledge and gain an understanding of the wide range of skills needed to have a successful career within the exciting hairdressing industry.
It will give you the insight into the world of hairdressing and the endless career opportunities that are available. We will begin by understanding the different communication skills and why client care is important.
The course covers:
- Understanding the basic health and safety requirements that we must adhere to when working in the salon
- Outlining the importance of personal presentation and creating a positive lasting impression
- The skills and personal qualities that are expected of you when working in the industry
- Employability skills, career progression and qualification required to work within in hairdressing
- Recognising the services that are carried out
- Understanding the basic structure of the hair and skin
How to apply for this course
Apply now and if you need to pay any course fees, or provide evidence if you wish to claim a fee reduction, we will contact you to let you know how to do this.
For help on completing the online application form, please see our useful apply online guide here.
No courses dates were found, it is currently not possible to apply for this course.
Want to find out more first?
Get in touch by hitting the button below and filling out our enquiry form.Download a guide Adult learning Browse careers Get in touch
Course dates / times
We're currently finalising start dates for this course and more information will be available soon. To stay up to date with the latest course information register your details below and we’ll notify you when more information is available.
You must be aged 19+ and have a good standard of English as you will be required to complete a short workbook with the help of your tutor.
|Teaching & assessment||
Tutors will give regular verbal and written feedback. You will be required to complete a short workbook and encouraged to set your own personal targets as part of this course.
This course will help you prepare progression and employment within the hair industry.
The course tutor can discuss appropriate opportunities if you wish to further your learning in this subject area.
Information will be made available about other course opportunities at Nottingham College and you will have the opportunity to access external Careers Guidance to aid their next steps.