Skip to main content

It looks like you have JavaScript turned off

Pretty much everything should work. But you may find some components look slightly off as a result. You can find out what JavaScript is here. If you don't have JavaScript turned off, or if something doesn't work that you think should do, please email hidden; JavaScript is required.

Childcare Funding

Funding may be available for your children to have a place at our nursery, Once Upon a Time based at the Adams Building campus or with an Ofsted registered external provider such as an after-school club or breakfast club, childminder, or nursery.

Students aged 19 or under

Care to Learn

Childcare funding for all students aged 19 or under is covered by the Government’s Care to Learn scheme. Application packs are available from any Nottingham College campus reception or by calling the Learner Support helpline on 0800 121 8989 or visit the Care to Learn website: www​.gov​.uk/​c​a​r​e​-​t​o​-​learn.

Students aged 20 and over

Learner Support Fund (LSF)

Further education students may be eligible for assistance from the Nottingham College Learner Support Fund, which is designed to help with the costs of childcare, equipment and travel.

Where possible we will try and contribute with up to 100% of your childcare costs for your timetabled sessions. However, there will be caps on the daily amounts that we can offer. Therefore, if your childcare providers fees are higher than the cap you will have to pay the difference in costs. All childcare providers must be Ofsted registered. 

Look for the Apply for Student Support Fund” button on your account dashboard once you’ve logged in and use this button to apply. 

The application portal for progressing students will be available from the mid-June 2023. All new students should be able to apply from early August 2023

For more information about the Learner Support Fund, continue to visit our website where updates will be posted or contact us via email student.​finance@​nottinghamcollege.​ac.​uk

15 Universal Hours

All 3 and 4 year old children (and eligible 2 year olds) are entitled to free childcare up to a maximum of 30 hours per week. This is provided by the Government to enable children to have access to high quality early years provision in order to help them reach their full potential. It offers free provision universally, from the term following a child’s third birthday up until they reach compulsory school age. This free entitlement equates to 15 hours per week, over a minimum 38 weeks of the year.

15 Extended Hours (total 30 hours of funding)

A further 15 hours is offered to working families for 3 and 4 year olds. You will need to check if you are eligible, but parents can usually get 30 hours childcare if you (and your partner, if you have one) are in work and each are earning at least the National Minimum Wage or Living Wage for 16 hours a week and earn less than £100,000 per annum. Eligibility can be checked at https://​www​.child​care​choic​es​.gov​.uk

Free Education/​Childcare for 2 year olds

Your 2 year old can get free early education and childcare if you live in England and get one of the following benefits: 

  • Income Support
  • Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance (JSA)
  • Income-related Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
  • Universal Credit — if you and your partner have a combined income from work of £15,400 or less a year, after tax 
  • Tax credits and you have an income of £16,190 or less a year, before tax 
  • The guaranteed element of State Pension Credit 
  • Support through part 6 of the Immigration and Asylum Act 
  • The Working Tax Credit 4‑week run on (the payment you get when you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit) 

Where possible you will be expected to use these hours whilst studying at College.