This course is ideal for anyone who wants to learn basic home improvement skills and gain the confidence to tackle DIY projects around the house.
- Health and safety
- Hand tools
- Power tools
- Painting and decorating
- Door installation
You can expect to learn:
- Basic woodworking skills such as sawing, drilling, sanding, and finishing wood.
- How to use power tools and hand tools safely and effectively.
- How to repair or replace common household items such as plumbing fixtures, electrical outlets, and light fixtures.
- How to make home decor changes, by learning how to do painting and decorating
- How to install and fix basic plumbing fixings
How to apply for this course
Apply now and if you need to pay any course fees, or provide evidence if you wish to claim a fee reduction, we will contact you to let you know how to do this.
For help on completing the online application form, please see our useful apply online guide here.
Want to find out more first?
Get in touch by hitting the button below and filling out our enquiry form.Download a guide Adult learning Browse careers Get in touch
|Date / time
|Fees / reductions
Jesse Boot Avenue
Date / time:
Start: Thursday 2nd May 2024
End: Thursday 13th June 2024
Time: 5:30pm - 8:30pm
Fees / reductions:
Tuition fees may be waived for this course if you are in receipt of certain benefits or have a low income. Please see our Fee and Financial Support page to see if you can claim a fee reduction.
Tuition fee: £68.25
Course code: C046109 / Q046110
There are no formal entry requirements but you must be aged 19+.
|Teaching & assessment
You will complete a short course booklet and receive verbal feedback throughout the course.