This course is perfect if you are a current ESOL student studying at Entry or above. It offers an effective introduction to the health and social care sector, it looks at the role the sector plays in the health, well-being, and care of individuals.
It introduces students to knowledge and skills needed to work in various care settings. Underpinning the qualification is a focus on person-centred values, rights of individuals, communicating effectively and protecting individuals.
Also, this course is designed to help students learn practical skills that can be applied to real-life contexts and work situations, to think creatively, analytically, logically, and critically and develop independence and confidence in using skills that would be relevant to the health and social care sector and more widely.
On this course students will learn:
- How to develop effective communication in Health and Social Care.
- Understanding the Importance of the 6 C’s in the Care/Nursing profession.
- Equality, Diversity and Rights in Health and Social Care.
- How to Apply for Health and Social Care Vacancies as well as directives on searching for jobs in the health and social care sector.
- How to write an exceptional curriculum vitae for job roles in Health and Social Care.
- Overcoming barriers to working in Health and Social Care.
- Health safety and Security in Health and Social Care.
- Safeguarding Adults and Promoting Independence.
- A rundown of how to deliver person-centred care and support to old/young people.
- An overview of the CQC standards of care – Policies and Procedures.
How to apply for this course
Apply now and if you need to pay any course fees, or provide evidence if you wish to claim a fee reduction, we will contact you to let you know how to do this.
For help on completing the online application form, please see our useful apply online guide here.
No courses dates were found, it is currently not possible to apply for this course.
Want to find out more first?
Get in touch by hitting the button below and filling out our enquiry form.Download a guide Adult learning Browse careers Get in touch
Course dates / times
We're currently finalising start dates for this course and more information will be available soon. To stay up to date with the latest course information register your details below and we’ll notify you when more information is available.
This course is delivered by an ESOL tutor, and is targeted at current ESOL students studying at Entry 3 and above.
|Teaching & assessment||
Tutors will give regular verbal and written feedback. You will be required to complete a short workbook and encouraged to set your own personal targets as part of this course.
The course tutor can discuss appropriate opportunities if you wish to further your learning in this subject area.
Information will be made available about other course opportunities at Nottingham College
You will also have the opportunity to access external Careers Guidance to aid your next steps.
About the tutor:
Yoland is a committed ESOL/Health and Social Care lecturer and quality education activist with over six years of experience in education, and youth advocacy. She is recognised consistently for performance excellence and unrelenting contributions in developing curriculums. In addition to her educational accomplishments and excellent ability to leverage critical thinking, she has equally worked in diverse clinical settings.