This course is for you if you are passionate about a career in the hair and media make-up industry and want to work as a hair and make-up stylist on photo shoots, TV, or theatre production or working in the special make-up effects industry.
This will enhance your portfolio, while building your confidence and experience in both aspects.
The course covers:
- The health, safety, and hygiene of working in the industry
- Anatomy and physiology for make-up artists
- Research, develop and design projects to a given brief (mood books)
- Media make up industry including tv, film and theatre
- Applying special make up effects to create characters for such as injuries and recreating ageing effects
- Body art and airbrushing to produce full artwork on the skin
- Fashion & Photographic make up looking at studio on location work
- Hair styling from Bridal to Avant Garde
- We also work together to build social skills, time management and organisation
Please note: Hairstyling is a big part of being a make up artist, so is taught to ensure that you are industry-ready.
There will be group practical and theory projects which will work towards your final assessments. There will be a variety of guest speakers, visits/trips and demonstrations will take place throughout the course and the opportunity to attend master classes. (dependent on restrictions).
You will need to complete work experience as part of the course and can take part in internal and external competitions/shows.
Our Make up Artistry lecturers will offer you a wide range of expertise, guidance, and support. 100% commitment to our learners is our passion and sharing our industry experience is a huge enjoyment we will provide.
Start: 5th September 2022
Course code: C026956 / Q026965
VTCT Level 3 Diploma in Fashion, Theatre, Hair Media and Make-up Studies
You’ll need 5 GCSEs at Grade 9 – 4 (A* - C), including English Language and Maths or equivalent.
An art or creative qualification an advantage as drawing and painting will be applied either on paper or skin.
You should be aged 17+ but if you are under this age will may still be considered.
There will be internal assignment and externally set written exam.
There is also an externally set practical brief with a formally graded practical assessment.
You could progress to:
You will be required to purchase a kit and uniform. Costs for these will be discussed at interview.
Students aged 16-18 don't have to pay tuition fees.
If you are aged 19 or over you may still be eligible for funding. Check out our Financial Help pages to find out more!
If you are an EU/EEA or Swiss National, please visit our EU Settled Status scheme page for more information.