Manual Handling Safety at Work (CPD) — Online Learning
This short, auto-marked programme will give you the knowledge you need to understand the risks associated with manual handling and how to deal with these risks.
- Section 1: The reasons for safe manual handling
- This section covers the injuries and ill health associated with incorrect manual handling, the employers’ and employees’ duties and the consequences for non-compliance with health and safety requirements at work.
- Section 2: How manual handling risk assessments contribute to health and safety
- You will develop your understanding of the hazards and risks in manual handling work, the process for carrying out a manual handling risk assessment and the principles of the risk control hierarchy for manual handling.
- Section 3: Principles, equipment and testing requirements for manual handling safety
- In this section, you will cover the principles of safe movement for manual handling, the types of equipment used for manual handling tasks and the requirements for testing, servicing and examining manual handling and lifting equipment.
- Section 4: Applying safe manual handling principles
- This section covers efficient and safe manual handling principles, including moving a load manually on your own, using manual handling aids and equipment, and undertaking a manual handling task as part of a team.
How to enrol onto this course
You can enrol onto this course using our online enrolment system.
Hit the button below to enrol now!
Want to find out more first?
Get in touch by hitting the button below and filling out our enquiry form.Download a guide Adult learning Browse careers Get in touch
|Location||Date / time||Fees / reductions|
Date / time:
You can start this course at any time.
Fees / reductions:
No fee reductions available. All students pay the same fee.
Tuition fee: £28.50
Course code: C034426 / Q034427
You will learn at your own pace, but this course typically takes approximately 4 hours to complete.
There are no formal entry requirements for this course but you must have a reasonable standard of spoken and written English and be aged 19 or over.
|Teaching & assessment||
The course is auto-assessed with questions throughout the learning material.