Are you inspired to write a novel? You can develop the skills to create realistic characters and a well-paced plot to write a compelling story. Learn the tips to write like a professional and get your story published.
This course is suitable for anyone ready for the challenge of writing their first novel, or improvers with a writing project they want to improve.
On this course, you will learn to:
- Set personal writing targets to develop the essential elements of story writing
- Fulfil a range of writing exercises to develop ideas for a novel
- Develop an outline for a three-act story
- Plot a compelling story with conflict and tension
- Write the narrative using an appropriate point of view
- Develop realistic characters that use convincing dialogue
- Create structured scenes to advance a plot
- Apply appropriate themes and settings for a genre
- Apply a structured approach to edit and develop a draft manuscript
- Explore options for publishing a novel.
Students will achieve objectives by taking part in group activities, completing written activities, online quizzes and other interactive activities both during the session and by completing independent learning activities in their own time.
How to enrol onto this course
It is no longer possible to enrol on this course but we may be offering it again in the future. Please check back later.
Want to find out more first?
Get in touch by hitting the button below and filling out our enquiry form.Download a guide Adult learning Browse careers Get in touch
Course dates / times
We're currently finalising start dates for this course and more information will be available soon. To stay up to date with the latest course information register your details below and we’ll notify you when more information is available.
You must be aged 19+ and have a good standard of English as you will be required to complete a short workbook with the help of your tutor.
|Teaching & assessment||
Tutors will give regular verbal and written feedback. You will be required to complete a short workbook and encouraged to set your own personal targets as part of this course.
The course tutor can discuss appropriate opportunities if you wish to further your learning in this subject area. Information will be made available about other course opportunities at Nottingham College. You will have the opportunity to access external Careers Guidance to aid your next steps.
You will need to bring a pen and paper or notebook for writing