Principles of Care Planning (TQUK Level 2 Certificate) (19+) — Online Learning
This qualification aims to improve your understanding of your role in supporting the preferences and needs of individuals in relation to their care and support.
It will also enhance your knowledge of nutrition and health in health and social care settings, as well as how to support an individual to maintain their personal hygiene.
- Unit 1: Understanding person-centred thinking and planning
- In this unit you will develop your knowledge and understanding of the principles, processes and practice of person-centred thinking, planning and reviews. You will consider the impact person-centred thinking can have on an individual and their families. This unit also outlines current legislation, policy and guidance that underpins person-centred thinking and planning.
- Unit 2: Care planning for the care worker
- Within this unit you will learn about the care planning process in relation to your role and how to implement a care plan. You will also discover how personal beliefs and preferences might influence the care planning process.
- Unit 3: Understanding nutrition and hydration in health and social care settings
- In this unit you will learn how to promote health and well-being through nutrition and hydration. This unit covers the principles of a balanced diet, the importance of special dietary requirements and how to prevent malnutrition in health and social care settings.
- Unit 4: Principles of supporting an individual to maintain personal hygiene
- Within this unit you will learn how to address personal hygiene issues in a sensitive manner without imposing your own values and how to maintain the dignity of an individual when supporting them with personal hygiene.
- Unit 5: Understanding continence care
- This unit will develop your understanding of the body’s waste functions and the possible reasons for incontinence. This unit will equip you with the knowledge to promote continence and understand an individual’s choices including the various facilities and aids which can be provided.
- Unit 6: Principles of supporting sleep
- Within this unit you will learn to enhance your understanding of the importance of sleep and how sleep contributes to an individual’s well-being. You will discover how to assist an individual to sleep and ensure conditions are suitable.
You will gain access to high quality e-learning learning resources which will guide you step-by-step through all of the aspects of this course.
You'll have opportunities to reflect on what you have learned and to improve your subject knowledge using instant feedback from the platform.
You'll have support from a member of the team who will help guide you through the course in a timescale agreed with you.
You must be aged 19+ to apply for this course.
How to apply for this course
Apply now and if you need to pay any course fees, or provide evidence if you wish to claim a fee reduction, we will contact you to let you know how to do this.
For help on completing the online application form, please see our useful apply online guide here.
Want to find out more first?
Get in touch by hitting the button below and filling out our enquiry form.Download a guide Adult learning Browse careers Get in touch
|Location||Date / time|
Date / time:
You can start this course at any time.
Course code: C037879 / Q037880
Principles of Care Planning (TQUK Level 2 Certificate)
You will study this course at your own pace, but it must be completed within 16 weeks. You will receive an automated email reminding you of when you need to complete your assignment.
There are no entry requirements for this course but you must be aged 19 or over.
|Teaching & assessment||
Your assessment will be submitted online through the platform and you will receive feedback from a member of the team who will assess your work and provide thorough and supportive feedback.
You may complete this qualification in preparation to apply and work in this industry or to to enhance their understanding of their work environment. Alternatively, you may wish to progress in the subject to a higher level.
Learners may be eligible for funding* which means the course will be free to complete, subject to providing evidence requested to meet the criteria for free courses. There is a £100 withdrawal fee if a learner does not complete the course and we may be able to offer extensions if learners are unable to meet their submission deadlines for their course units.
*If you are a 19-23 year old without a prior Level 2 qualification, this course will not be funded. Please contact the enquiries team to discuss all available options for you.
*Geographical restrictions may apply.
You must be aged 19+ to apply for this course.