Principles of Customer Service (TQUK Level 2 Certificate) (19+) — Online Learning
This qualification will provide you with the underpinning knowledge required by employers to work in a range of different environments in a customer service role.
You will develop essential knowledge of how to carry out customer service related tasks such as how to manage information and support events. Once you have completed the qualification you will be able to apply your knowledge in a variety of industries and job roles.
- Unit 1: Principles of customer service and delivery
- This unit will provide you with the fundamental knowledge and understanding needed to work in a customer service role. You will develop knowledge of the legal and ethical requirements that relate to customer service and maintaining customer service information.
- Unit 2: Understand customers
- Within this unit you will develop knowledge of the different types of customers. You will also study the links between good customer service and customer loyalty, as well as how these factors affect the organisation in terms of reputation and image.
- Unit 3: Understand employer organisations
- Here you will look at a variety of organisational structures and the differences between private, public and voluntary sectors. You will discover the internal and external influences on organisations, and why change in the business environment is important.
- Unit 4: Understand how to communicate with customers
- Within this unit you will gain a thorough understanding of the importance of effective communication in customer service. You will look at different communication techniques and how to identify and adapt your own communication style in order to offer the best service possible.
- Unit 5: Understand how to handle customer information
- This unit will provide you with knowledge of customer service information systems and handover procedures. You will learn about the different responsibilities and levels of authority for processing customer service information.
- Unit 6: Understand how to resolve problems and deliver customer service to challenging customers
- Unit 6 will provide you with a solid foundation of knowledge to enable you to deal with challenging customers. You will develop knowledge of techniques you can use to resolve problems and manage unresolved problems by referring to other sources.
- Unit 7: Understand how to develop customer relationships
- Within this unit you will gain an understanding of how to develop relationships with customers or potential customers. You will also study the value of customer loyalty and the customer’s expectations of you.
You will gain access to high quality e-learning learning resources which will guide you step-by-step through all of the aspects of this course.
You'll have opportunities to reflect on what you have learned and to improve your subject knowledge using instant feedback from the platform.
You'll have support from a member of the team who will help guide you through the course in a timescale agreed with you.
You must be aged 19+ to apply for this course.
How to apply for this course
Apply now and if you need to pay any course fees, or provide evidence if you wish to claim a fee reduction, we will contact you to let you know how to do this.
For help on completing the online application form, please see our useful apply online guide here.
Want to find out more first?
Get in touch by hitting the button below and filling out our enquiry form.Download a guide Adult learning Browse careers Get in touch
|Location||Date / time|
Date / time:
You can start this course at any time.
Course code: C037873 / Q037874
Principles of Customer Service (TQUK Level 2 Certificate)
You will learn at your own pace, but the course typically takes approximately 180 hours to complete.
There are no entry requirements for this course but you must be aged 19 or over.
|Teaching & assessment||
Your assessment will be submitted online through the platform and you will receive feedback from a member of the team who will assess your work and provide thorough and supportive feedback.
You may complete this qualification in preparation to apply and work in this industry or to to enhance their understanding of their work environment. Alternatively, you may wish to progress in the subject to a higher level.
Learners may be eligible for funding* which means the course will be free to complete, subject to providing evidence requested to meet the criteria for free courses. There is a £100 withdrawal fee if a learner does not complete the course and we may be able to offer extensions if learners are unable to meet their submission deadlines for their course units.
*If you are a 19-23 year old without a prior Level 2 qualification, this course will not be funded. Please contact the enquiries team to discuss all available options for you.
*Geographical restrictions may apply.
You must be aged 19+ to apply for this course.