Are you looking to increase your understanding of weight management by completing a weight management course?
Online content and assessments make this course accessible for anyone, anywhere.
This short introductory programme of study will give you the knowledge you need to understand health issues and how to control and manage a healthy diet.
- Section 1: The risks associated with ineffective weight management
- Within this section you will familiarise yourself with a range of terms relating to ineffective weight management, recognise health risks associated with obesity and emaciation, as well as learning about the warning signs of malnourishment.
- Section 2: How body image may influence weight management
- This section will explain the meaning of the term ‘body image’ and will cover the media’s portrayal of body image and its negative effect on weight management.
- Section 3: Effective methods of weight management
- This section will help you to understand the role of a balanced diet and the meaning of the term ‘energy balance’. You will also look at weight management programmes, lifestyle choices and the common myth surrounding weight loss.
- Section 4: Planning a short weight management programme
- In the final section you will learn how to plan your own diet and nutrition programmes, identify goals and collect information relating to a plan that you will develop.
|Location||Date / time||Fees / reductions|
Date / time:
You can start this course at any time.
Fees / reductions:
Tuition fee: £28.50
No fee reductions available. All students pay the same fee.
Course code: C034458 / Q034459
You will learn at your own pace, but the course typically takes approximately 4 hours to complete.
There are no formal entry requirements for this course but you must have a reasonable standard of spoken and written English.
The course is auto-assessed with questions throughout the learning material.