This course provides a wealth of information that will increase your understanding of sexual health issues.
It is a great way to enhance your knowledge if you are looking to begin a career within this field or simply want to increase your awareness of the different types of STIs. Also explored are helpful guidance for maintaining positive intimate relationships and the mechanics of human reproduction.
- Section 1: Relationships
- In this section, you will cover what is meant by 'friendships', 'relationships' and 'intimacy'; why people want close relationships; the different types of sexual health and relationship concerns; and the reasons why people may delay relationships.
- Section 2: Sexually transmitted infections
- You will study the different types of STIs, how they are transmitted, the possible consequences of not having chlamydia treated and where to obtain information, advice and treatment for sexually transmitted infections.
- Section 3: Human reproduction
- This section covers male and female reproductive organs, as well as what happens during the menstrual cycle.
- Section 4: Contraception
- You will look at the methods of contraception suitable for young people, their advantages and disadvantages and where they can be obtained. You will also cover important things to remember when using a condom and examples of where to look for information and advice about contraception.
- Section 5: The media
- In this section, you will learn about the ways in which society can respond to sexual health and relationship issues and will develop your knowledge of the portrayal of sex in the media.
|Location||Date / time||Fees / reductions|
Date / time:
You can start this course at any time.
Fees / reductions:
Tuition fee: £28.50
No fee reductions available. All students pay the same fee.
Course code: C034436 / Q034437
You will learn at your own pace, but the course typically takes approximately 4 hours to complete.
There are no formal entry requirements for this course but you must have a reasonable standard of spoken and written English.
The course is auto-assessed with questions throughout the learning material.